003 | Eye of the beholder.

THE tiniest hints of sun peeked through the window, officers came and left. Early-workers came in and filled out paperwork, whilst those who had worked a 12-hour, went home to their wives, after giving interrogating a shot. Officer Shaw on the other hand -- who had been around for longer than his shift allowed, and was now working off the clock, determined to get something out of his suspect, a reason, a motive, something.

Ezrio of course, had other intentions. He knew the right things to say to get on an officers nerves. Hell, he didn't even need a lawyer to be present because the man knew how to dance around each and every question asked, and was determined to get a rise out of each and every one of them.

Most officers had given up by now, saying 'scew-it, lets book him' but not Shaw. Something about the younger intrigued him, whether it be his smooth skin and deep complexion, or the way he appeared to be older in mental age, than his actual age. Or for the very fact, his illegal Graffiti had more to do with politics and corruption, than typically what teenagers were into.

Shaw was determined, and Ez was determined to not give him what he wanted.

 ''Ezrio Velazquez.'' He started, reading the name on his file. ''That's your name, correct?''

''Well, it says so on my birth-certificate, doesn't it?'' The brunette, quipped knittily.

Shaw took a seat, licking his finger before flipping to the next page. ''Well, Ezrio, you're looking at....'' He clicked his tongue, ''3-counts of Arson to the third degree, Public destruction of Government property, Property Damage, Vandalism, two counts of Criminal Mischief, Trespassing, reckless endangerment of property, Unlawful fleeing of an officer, Aggravated fleeing or eluding, And Unlawful possession of a firearm...and that's just them being nice.''

Ezrio leaned forward in his chair, bringing cuffed wrists and hands together in a clasp, lips curling in a sassy snarl. ''Might as well throw the book at me then, officer.''

Shaw sighed, ''Can you take this seriously?''

''As serious as your mother takes you?'' He questioned. ''Oh! My son's a police-officer, he walks in a clown vest all day, shooting innocents and handing out speeding tickets!'' He mocked in a high-pitch, mother voice. ''So proud of you son!''

''Do you want them to throw the book at you?'' Shaw quizzed, ''Because it seems you're not taking accountability for your actions, you're toying with us, when all we want is a guilty plead, and a reason why.''

Ezrio lifted his head in the slightest, keeping his mouth in a straight line, eyes narrowed, and response curt as could be. ''I don't care what you do to me officer, book me.''

Booking him is what he did, grabbing him by the back of his arms, Officer Shaw escorted him out of the interrogation room and to the holding cells. Ezrio didn't make it easy for him, kicking whenever he could, pulling, yanking himself away, even trying to squeeze skinny wrists out of the cuffs -- which he succeeded in, and made it a couple of inches away, before he was tackled. Cuffs put on tighter this time around.

Eventually, Shaw threw him in the cells, not without having another word with him.

''Are you really planning on giving yourself a longer sentence, all because you won't plead guilty, and you won't give up those who are working with you?''

He had been brought to the conclusion, after seeing yet another post from PH4NT0M's Instagram account of an old Graffiti post, while Ezrio was still being held in interrogation.

''Look, dude, I already told you, I work by myself. My account's just automatically set to post something, if I don't post for a while.''

''Kid, just give up the act.'' Shaw snapped, getting fed up with their circular train of conversation. ''You were caught, take some freakin' responsibility, you were caught by us, and with your age, and previous convictions, you'll probably serve time in the big-boy jail, a long long time. So, here's how its going to be. You either give up those working with you, of you go to court, plead not guilty, and get found guilty, and suffer a prolonged sentence.''

Jesus, this man, ''You're so hot.'' He leaned forward, hands reaching through the cell bars.

Shaw looked caught off guard, before a solemn expression took over his face again. ''Goodnight kid.'' He sighed, massaging his temples.

This kid was a mystery to himself.

Good night indeed, Ezrio hummed, twirling the cell-keys on his ring finger. He wondered how they'd react knowing he'd escaped during the night.

Shaw was pretty hot though, a shame.

He'd see him again, he was absolutely sure of it.