A Night In

“Baby, are you home?” You closed the door behind you with your foot, groceries in your arms as you headed to the kitchen. You set the bags down on the counter, wiping a hand across your forehead before leaning on the kitchen island. “Michael?”

He came around the corner then, a dark hoodie on as he leaned on the threshold of the kitchen. He smiled at you, “I’m here.”

You looked up at him and gave a smile as well, tilting your head. “Hi,” you said, unloading the bags as he came to join you. “I got spaghetti, if you want some.” He hummed in response and earned another smile from you.

“Go clean up and I’ll get started,” he offered. He pulled you into his side and kissed your forehead before letting you go. You thanked him and left to go change into more comfortable clothes.

As you returned to the kitchen in too short shorts and a T-shirt, you came to Michael's side and wrapped your arms around him. You stuffed your face in the crook between his neck and his shoulder, taking in a breath before letting go to help cook.

Michael moved to turn on some music. He knew how you liked to listen to a playlist while you worked. When one of your favorite songs turned on, he gave you a goofy smile, watching your little dance as you began to boil the pasta.

"Can you hand me the tomatoes?" you asked, holding out your hand. He handed over the bag and you made a kiss sound at him.

You made quick work of chopping the tomatoes, careful not to cut yourself in the process. As you moved onto the onions, however, you did manage to slice your finger on the blade as it came down.

You let in a short breath and looked at your now bleeding finger. "Ow," you scoffed before sucking your finger into your mouth with little to no thought. "Can you hand me a band-aid?"

When you turned around, you saw Michael frozen in front of the stove and reality came back to you. One of his hands was wrapped tightly around the wooden spoon that was now indented with his fingers. You saw his face twitch very slightly before he very quickly recovered, the scent of your fresh blood easing when you stuck your finger in between your lips.

"Are you okay?" you asked gently.

Michael turned to see you again, his hard expression softening when he saw your face slightly etched in worry. He nodded and offered a smile, "Yes, I'm alright."

You smiled at him again, "Good. I would hate to have to stake you."

He rolled his eyes and stepped to the side so you could grab the bandages out of the drawer. You ran your finger under some water, another hiss leaving you, and covered the cut before going back to work.

As the both of you left the food to simmer for a while, a slow song turned on that you had not thought twice about until Michael's hands came to rest on your hips.

You smiled, your hands coming atop his as you rocked against him. His lips were right next to your ear as he started singing gently to the music, swaying you back and forth.

You chuckled a little, turning in his arms to face him as you wrapped them around his neck. You pulled him down to your face, your foreheads resting together. You let out a breath, a sigh of contentment as you danced with your love.

You stood on your toe to kiss him, your lips pressing together softly. "Such a romantic," you commented, another quick kiss to his lips.

He snorted, "Cause dating a vampire is romantic."

Your smile widened, "No, it's kinky. It's romantic when you marry 'em… it's also extra kinky."

He laughed, pulling you in closer by your waist as you continued to sway together. "And would you?" he asked.

You leaned back slightly to see him better and chuckled, "Michael Morbius, did you just propose to me?"

His smile widened, a silent laugh leaving him as he mumbled, "Later, it's not romantic enough yet."

You shrugged a shoulder, "It might be romantic enough…"

He raised a brow. "Did you just say yes?" he asked, pulling you in again.

You bit his lip quickly before sighing, "It's not a no." Again, a laugh escaped his throat and he rolled his eyes. "I love you."

"I love you." You stood on your toes and kissed him again, this time longer as you relished in the still moment between you.