Tell Me What You Want*

Being with Michael Morbius was definitely not somewhere you thought you would find yourself, before or after his transformation. It was not because of what or how he was, more because of who. He was this famous doctor, well known for his medical achievements and an utter genius.

You had not known him before he became "the living vampire", you would not have. You met him after he had rescued you from an abusive boyfriend one night while you were walking home with him. You had thanked him, although your kind and calm after the slaughter confused him, and offered to do something for him in return.

He refused at first, claiming that he did not need a reward, but you had managed to bring yourself to insist on it, your gratefulness for your freedom overwhelming in that moment. So he agreed, and you both went to lunch the next day.

That first lunch had changed everything.

He became your guardian, your protector from harm. He was soft and gentle, he made you feel valued and did everything in his power to ensure your happiness. In return, although you did not know for a while, you helped to manage his bloodlust and give him more control than he would have had otherwise. You were happy with him, he kept you safe. He found beauty in what your past relationship had seen as weak. Your shyness and romanticism was something he prized and often found himself dependent on.

As you walked by his side through the bustling streets of New York, a hood pulled over Michael's head and a hoodie wrapped around your own body, you held his hand tightly in yours. Your fingers intertwined as your other hand stuffed in the large pocket, and you were overly focused on the path in front of you.

It was just a quick trek to the subway, and then to the grocery store to pick up a few things missing from the house. When you stepped onto the subway train, you were practically clinging to his arm for support. Michael looked at you with a gentle smile and kissed your forehead, whispering sweet little words for your ears, and your ears only. It earned a smile in return for him as you glanced up at him.

Your eyes only went as far as his lips before you looked away from him again, your head settling on his shoulder until your next stop. Michael was more than happy to lead the way for you when you did re-enter the streets, taking the lead with you tucked into his side as support and protection.

When you reached the store, which was considerably less crowded than the streets you had just come from. As Michael began picking out things that needed to be bought, you disappeared and came back with a few bars of chocolate. You gave a timid look as you held up the treat, your eyes finding his nose as you kept your head looking straight forward. "Can we get this?" you asked, your voice soft.

Michael watched the whole thing with intense interest, his face just as soft as your voice as his eyes practically glittered. He gave a smile at your preciousness and nodded, "Of course." He could never deny you something you wanted. "Get whatever you want," he told you before pulling you into his side and kissing your forehead again.

You smiled, a small but bright one that made his heart skip a beat. He grabbed the chocolate from you and added it to the groceries before continuing in his search for the other items.

This happened a couple more times with another snack and a small pint of ice cream. Each time you did it, Michael gave a gentle laugh at the fact that you continued to ask, even when he told you that you had no reason to ask for it. He would give you whatever you wanted, no matter what it was.

At checkout, the cashier was giving you a few looks that made you feel less than comfortable. He looked you up at down, sly smirks finding his face that he tried to keep only in your view as he checked you out. Your eyes stayed downcast to your feet, your hands fiddling in front of you as an embarrassed pinkness found your cheeks.