Rules

So you want to submit a chicken story?  That's awesome!  You definitely will not have cause to regret this decision.  So you might be wondering if there are any rules.

Really, there's only one rule.  Your story must prominently feature a chicken or chickens in some capacity.  That's it.  Otherwise you can do whatever you want.  Open to any and all genres.  No minimum length.  If you can tell a complete chicken story in 2 sentences, more power to you.  I'm going to suggest a maximum word count of 5000 words, just because that tends to be a good length for short stories, but I'm not going to be a stickler about that.  If you've got an epic chicken story to tell that requires more than that, well, you do you.  

Again, just make sure chickens are prominently featured.  If there's a farmer who happens to own a chicken that's mentioned only once and never again, that doesn't really go with the spirit of the anthology.  Otherwise, feel free to get crazy.  Chickens can be the main characters, or they can be objects of power, or they can be beloved companions, or they could be dinner I suppose.  If you want you can even go outside the box and deconstruct the idea of what a "chicken" even is.  It's up to you.  

I guess this is the point where I have to go over legalities and whatnot.  There really shouldn't be much to be concerned with.  To be clear, this is a FOR FUN project only.  I can't pay you for submissions and I'm not looking to make a profit off this myself.  I just want to assemble a collection of chicken stories.  I also want to be clear that you will maintain 100% ownership of any stories you submit.  You can do whatever else you want with them including posting them in your own story collections or anything else that occurs to you.  If at any point you decide you no longer want your story to be part of this collection, just let me know and I'll take it down.  I'll be disappointed to lose your story, but I'll honor your wishes.

Submissions will remain open until the magic number of 99 is reached.  I would prefer to have 99 different authors, but if it seems like we're never going to make it to 99 and you have a second chicken story you're dying to tell, we can see how that goes.  

If you want to submit a story get in touch with me either in the comments or through personal messaging and we'll figure out what works best for you.  All I really need is the ability to copy and paste the text into Wattpad.  A link to google docs would probably be easiest for me, but again we can figure out whatever needs to happen to make it happen.  If push comes to shove you can paste your whole story in the body of an email and send it to me that way.

All stories will be credited to your Wattpad username unless you specify otherwise.  

I think that covers everything, but if you have any questions or if any issues arise, please let me know and I will do my best to address them quickly.  

Without further ado, I'm going to kick things off with a story I wrote a few years ago for a science fiction anthology here on Wattpad.  I hope you enjoy and I hope even more you decide to contribute a story of your own!