Peek a boo

The night breeze blew away the tousled waves that suited her hair. Although, it failed to melt away the questions that were burning in both of their minds. A sudden tide of emotions rushed through her heart as she opened her lips only to blew out an ounce of frustration. "May I tell you, that I can feel your eyes boring into the back of my head Jason." Her voice harder than the coral rocks beneath her. She turned around ;abruptly kicking the small pebbles aside; and noticed how this boy changed the direction ,in which his eyes were shooting daggers.

"Pray tell, what were you doing in that hypocrite chameleon's house?" She asked breaking the silence yet again. Her questions were answered with a pair of eyes glaring at her. "I have too many options to select an answer from." The ocean waves splashed against the sandbars, as Avery mind went towards the white clutch. "The accusations that you are slathering on me are quite similar to that of your brother's. So, am I in the wrong for asking what am I getting accused for? Maybe. I have many things on that list. But am I wrong for asking what relation does my 'committed sins' have with Nicholas? Absolutely no." Two tanned hands ;one of which is graced with a ring on its ring finger; came and folded across Jason's chest.

"You knew who Nicholas is. You have worked with him for....I don't know how many years. He is probably the only person who knows what Agent Frost is like. Where her loyalties lie. That's the manner you two seemed to talk in. And now even after so many things said, you are asking what you are getting accused for which has relation with that man? Unbelievable!" Jason's frustrated sigh just proved how emotionally exhausted he has been. The writings, the dead bodies, Agent Frost, his twin brother's pictures of getting tortured. These things now did nothing but overwhelm him.

Perhaps that's the reason that he was now barking up at the wrong tree.

Incase of Avery, it was totally different. She finally managed to put the pieces together through Jason's speech. Her assumption was that, the Colemans now knew of her relationship with Nicholas. Probably. Maybe Nicholas has done something really bad to them? That's the reason she thought. They were upset because they associated him with her.

"I don't have knowledge of the slightest bit of the problem that Nicholas probably has caused you all. By what you are saying and what Aiden said, I believe that his existence is much more solid to all of you in comparison to any word that leaves my mouth. If there's anymore to say, then I will gladly reveal it to you that I didn't knew of your family. My first impression of you all was just as of a regular day. But when I saw you at Diana's house,I came to know that you are in contact with my world."

Avery's confession seem to jerk Jason off a little bit. He didn't want to believe her but he has no choice. That's her trick. Doesn't matter how cruel she is, she'll never force you to believe her. "Do you know any boy named Blain Coleman from 9 years ago?" He asked hitting some pebbles on the rocky ground, as another wave hit the silent beach. A moment of silence passed after which an answer came from behind,"No."

This is what he wanted. That pause. "Put a little more pressure on your mind. Maybe you'll remember a merely 10 year old boy getting tortured brutally, 9 years ago." His reply was laced with sarcasm which was not appreciated by Avery. "This is the only thing I'll tell you to trust me on, but my memory is quite exquisite. I have never tortured any child specifically one on one, if the child is either under 15 or 15. The only place I have seen it happening 9 years ago, was the S.C cartel. And if that's true, then I have very little chance of knowing this boy because they don't tell anything to their traitors."

She walked in front of Jason with each and every word she spoke. Her back now facing him. "Maybe anything related to that crazy friend of yours?" Jason voice was now on the verge of breaking. If Frost is not the one who killed Blain then who is? "Another thing you need to know about that narcissistic maniac is that no one works with him out of choice or pleasure. Nicholas either manipulates you or forces you to work with him. And in both the cases, he is not biased to tell what business is he attending behind your back.

If he is the person who harmed....Blain, then that just leaves you to be more careful with him. If he can kill a 10 year old boy, he can surely kill you."The name was foreign on her tongue yet. She believed that whoever this boy was surely meant very much to them.

As if the coldness of the night was not enough, Jason's reply,"That's the same thing anyone would say about a person who can kill a not even born baby." surely made the atmosphere cold now. His reply caused a moment of undeniably silence between them. Something, both of them appreciated after this conversation.

"I think we should make a move now. Your siblings must be waiting for you," saying this Avery sat on her bike, putting on her helmet as Jason also settled himself on the back. This could not get any awkward. That's what both of them thought.

The ride was almost peaceful and serene, beautiful landscapes passing them as they neared the Coleman Residence.
Once the building came into sight, Avery stopped her bike. "Uh,...umm,I didn't mention it but I am th-thankful for the help." Jason's somewhat excuse of an apology came as he stood in front of her. :I appreciate it." It would have been awkward for her to ask where is Aiden? In return for her help, so this' what she sticked with.

"Wait! I-uh, I wanted to know Nicholas' real name. Can I?" Now this made Avery sigh in frustration. She removed her helmet and looked at him,"You should stay away from him," As if that's going to stop him, she spoke again."It's Nicholas only. Nicholas Silas. And before you mention it, No. He is not my brother, fiancé or husband. Nor any relative."

"So, it is a pure coincidence that his surname is similar to yours or pseudonym?" She untangled the buckle clasps of her helmet and leaned in on the handles of it saying, "Hundreds of people have the same surname but there not related. Some of them even hate each other."

"So, that means it's a coincidence." Jason nodded his head like a child and it made Avery question if this was the same man who made her almost question her own ctivities at the beach. She pursed her lips and thought it would be better for her to leave right now.

Putting on her helmet again she accelerated her bike and looked at Jason again. "It's Rosewood." She said but she doesn't know why though. Maybe it was instinct or maybe she thought no one would remember the name now. It's been a decade and over after all. Only an obsessive, crazed person would think something of it.

But someone did. Someone whose whole life changed because of that incident. Because of that one name.

"Rosewood?"
___________________________________________