Part 13

Max: hey I guess that's Rustboro hall!

Ash: which means we must already be in Rustboro city

Max: huh?

Ash: and I'm ready for my gym battle!

Max: but we're still over a day's walk to the gym Ash.

(Ash falls to the ground)

(Y/N): I'm glad I don't feel fully ready yet. I wanna train up my Pokémon first just a little bit more since I've done little bits of training here and there.

(They walk past people as there's a guy brushing his Persian, someone spraying water at a flaaffy with a hose and someone commanding there slugma)

Ash: they don't look like they're training for a battle but I wonder what they're doing?

Max: check it out!

Brock: hey.

Ash: huh?

Max: I bet they're all preparing for that Pokémon contest.

May: Pokémon contest?

(Suddenly a beautifly goes in May's face as May falls over)

Ash: oh no.

May: get off me!

(Beautifly gets off her)

Ash: wonder what it is.

(Y/N): it's a beautifly.

Ash: beautifly?

Pokédex: beautifly, the butterfly Pokémon. Beautifly have long thin noses which extend to suck the pollen out of flowers.

(Beautifly lands and stays on May's head)

May: get off!

Ash: looks like you've got a new friend.

May: it's not funny! (Tried to get beautifly off)

Woman: I'm so sorry!

Man: are you ok?

Brock: (sees the lady) hello! Is your mother a great artist (grabs her hands) because you're a work of art! Pretty as a pictu- (he's cut off as beautifly flies off May and lands on Brock)

Woman: ah beautifly stop that!

Max: so I was wondering are you training your beautifly for that Pokémon contest?

Woman: well as a matter of fact I was but unfortunately some of the attacks went a little bit wrong.

Man: that's probably my fault. Venemoth's whirlwind attack was far too strong. It was a hopeless failure.

Janet: my name's Janet by the way

Chas: and I'm Chas. How's it going?

Ash: fine, I'm Ash.

May: and my name's May

Max; and I'm Max.

(Y/N): salutation, my name is (Y/N).

Brock: and I'm Brock, your future boyfriend.

Ash: there's something I don't get about what you said Chas. How can a powerful attack be a failure?

Max: the problem is this. Ash doesn't understand the Pokémon contest.

Ash: (sarcastic) thanks Max.

Chas: i guess the thing to know is context battling is not like a normal Pokémon battle

Janet: it's about the beauty of the attack, it's not about the raw power.

Ash: the beauty of attacks?