Because We Will Walk Together In the Same Dream

WARNING : suicidal ideation and near-death experience in this particular chapter!

.

.

.

Felix spent the entire day growing used to his new body. He figured he could have met a fate worse than being turned into a unicorn, but it didn't mean he was happy about it. This body was big, graceless, and foreign – walking on all four in addition to being much taller than what he was used to meant he spent a major part of his day just learning how to walk again.

His legs got tangled up more times than he cared to count and, whenever he lost his balance the slightest bit, the heavy weight of his new body dragged him down and he collapsed in the dirt over and over again. It was more annoying than painful, and Hyunjin's mocking grin as he watched his plight didn't make it easier but, eventually, Felix managed to get the hang of it.

He spent the remaining hours trudging around the lake, taking in the landscape, and simply getting used to the rest of his brand-new bodily functions. He didn't roam too far from the shore, scared of breaching unknown boundaries even though Hyunjin hadn't told him about any. The Dark Wizard had gone off on his own at some point, too, and so Felix didn't dare going too far without permission.

"Pet." Well, speak of the Devil. "You ought to return to the water – the sun is about to go down."

So it was. Internally cringing, Felix slowly made his way into the lake until the water reached above his calves. He remembered Hyunjin's curse, the promise of pain he'd have to endure over and over again, and he couldn't exactly say he looked forward to it, even if it meant regaining his human body.

Still, he had no choice.

The moment the sun completely disappeared behind the mountains, the burning pain from before returned, and he promptly collapsed. It didn't take long for him to completely submerge himself and, once again, he stayed under until he could no longer afford not to breathe.

When his head breached the surface again, a guttural rale escaping him - he was human again. He choked out a sob as he began dragging his body back to the shore, incapable of getting back to his feet with the aftershocks of the agony he'd just endured still making his entire body tremble like a leaf. When he finally reached the shore, he crawled out of the water until he finally collapsed, exhausted.

"Pitiful." Hyunjin loomed over him, his expression showing no sympathy. "Get up. I have better to do than watch you roll about in the mud."

Felix wanted to protest, to tell him that it was his fault if he was in so much pain he couldn't even walk, but he knew Hyunjin was well aware of it – he simply didn't care. So, biting back the vile words burning his tongue, he gathered his remaining strength to push himself back to his feet and, though his legs shook much like a newborn deer's, he still managed to stand. 

Hyunjin scoffed at his slightly defiant look but didn't comment on it, merely gesturing for him to follow as he began walking away. They found their way back around the castle, and a shiver ran down Felix's spine when he found the door of the dungeon waiting wide open for him to go through. He stopped before entering.

"P- please—"

A harsh shove in his back made him stumble inside, and the tears he'd been holding back since morning finally fell as he heard the telltale noise of the door closing and its magical lock falling into place, Hyunjin's footsteps soon receding. He distantly felt the clothes he'd discarded earlier that day being thrown on him, and he wasted no time in redressing himself, even though water still dripped from his body.