Continue Smiling By My Side Just Like This Moment

WARNING!!!

Implied sexual content (nothing graphic), MAJOR character deaths, basically murder I guess, HAPPY ENDING GUYS!!!!!!

.

.

.

"No, Jisung, you can't justify taking those nuts just because you wanted them. I know you get hungry easily, but they still belong to Seungmin. You know he's begun hoarding for the incoming winter."

The Leafman's chattering grew a little louder but, eventually, he caved in and returned the nuts he'd stolen from Seungmin, the minor demon hound who'd begun living in Vallaheim a few years ago, after Hyunjin accidentally summoned him. Seungmin was a strange creature, with all of the attributes of a demonic dog... but with the attitude to match a squirrel. He'd apparently been raised by them? Felix wasn't entirely sure, he still needed to work on learning the demon tongue.

In any case, the conflict was resolved and Seungmin promptly disappeared, leaving Felix and Jisung alone in the clearing. Felix smiled internally when he noticed the Leafman was now pouting, obviously unhappy that his bounty had been unfairly taken from him.

"I've heard Minho's grown fresh fruits in the bushes near the creek," he informed. "I'm sure he'll give you a few if you ask nicely."

Jisung immediately perked up at the suggestion and promptly hugged Felix's snout before jumping off of him and back onto the saddle of his hummingbird, taking off without a glance behind. Had Felix been in his human form, he'd have laughed – Jisung was as free-spirited as one could be, never the type to hesitate or linger on bad feelings for too long.

Satisfied with the outcome of the situation, Felix then went back on his merry way, slowly finishing his round of the Anchor Trees. With the last one secured, he then began making his way back to the lake, stopping a few times on the way there to chat with some of the creatures he encountered.

When he eventually made it to the lake, he found Hyunjin already waiting for him on the shore, a small blanket already laid out on the grass with a basket of freshly-made food at the ready, for when he'd regain his human form. He gently bumped his muzzle against the wizard's head in greeting, Hyunjin laughing a bit as he scratched him behind the ear.

"Hello, Felix. I heard you've become better at handling Jisung's antics, but Minho isn't entirely happy about being on the receiving end of it, just so you know."

If he could roll his eyes, he would. As it was, Felix settled for letting out a small neighing noise, akin to a snort for him.

"As if. We both know he has a soft spot for Jisung."

"And for you," replied Hyunjin, amused.

"That's a given. Who wouldn't have a soft spot for me? My coat looks amazing today."

"Well, aren't you just full of yourself," chortled the wizard. "But your coat does look amazing. Did you drop by the pixie nests again?"

"I did! They're hard to refuse, really."

"Even more so when they pamper you like a king, hm?"

Before Felix could add anything, a familiar tingle ran down his spine, reminding him of the time – it was almost sunset, then. Bracing himself, he left Hyunjin's side and entered the lake. When he stopped, he was greeted by Jeongin's familiar face under the water, the nymph always nearby as a form of support and reassurance.

The sun finally disappeared behind the mountains.

Felix collapsed as a familiar agony washed over his entire body.