Maybe I do like you...

Hiro's P.O.V

I was in my room fixing one of the favorite robots I made when mom called me down stairs. She was in a deep conversation with this boy. He noticed me and waved, my mom was called to the living room so I was left with him.

He put out his hand for me to shake with a genuine smile. 'I don't like him, why is he here?' I smacked his hand away and marched upstairs like a baby. 'Just who is this dude?' Then I heard a knock at the door. When I opened it, to my surprise it was him. So he can't take a hint can he? "Hiro, my name is Tadashi Hamada." He started, "Looks like we started on the wrong foot. I'm going to be your new step brother." He said with a smile and I shot him a death glare, "I don't like you, I don't want you to be my step brother, I'm fine being here alone." I told him but he just smiled like what I said was the best thing ever.

"Alright then, why don't we get some candy and watch t.v.?" He asked me, "...What kind of candy?" I asked, "I like gummy bears." He smiled, "but we can get something else." He told me. (Picture Hiro's actions like that dude in Spongebob who was obsessed with chocolate.) "Why are we still standing here? Let's get my gummy bears!" I said when I walked passed him.

When we walked downstairs he asked my mom if we could go to the store and she happily said yes. I have to admit when we were walking to the store the silence was peaceful and I actually enjoyed Tadashi next to me. I stopped on my tracks when I saw three of my bullies, and of course Tadashi stopped too.

"What's wrong?" He asked me then notice my bullies, "Are they your friends?" He asked. When I was going to run they already made it me. "Hey Takachiho, wanna talk over there?" One of them said while pointing to an alley way. Then they inched closer, "NO! Go away!" I yelled in terror, these bullies were physical.

I felt someone pull me aside with a tight grip, I braced myself for the impact but when I got none I looked up to see Tadashi glaring at the bullies. "Pfft, what's this Takachiho? A bodygaurd?" They bursted out with laughter. Then Tadashi went over and lifted one of them up by the shirt. His nice expression changed.

"If I were you I'd think about my actions. That's no way to interact with others." He started then his expression got darker than before, "If you mess with my brother again I'll deal with you myself. Got it?" He raised his fist and the boy shook his head furiously then he looked at the other boys and they did the same. He let the boy go and they ran away like sheep.

Tadashi turned to me with his signature smile, and I just stared in shock. "T-that just happened." I looked at him with disbelief. He took my hand and started walking to the store again. "They technically harrass you and you do nothing about it, and by the looks of it those bullies get physical, so I had to do something." He told me.

When we got to the store he let go of my hand and got some candy. "How many gummy bears do you want? Two? Five? Over nine thousand?" He asked and I laughed. "Four you dork." I told him with a smile, "Four it is knucklehead." He ruffled my hair and went to the cashier.

When we got home we sat in the living room eating candy and watching some t.v. "So, do you like me now?" Tadashi asked. "I have to think about it." I told him and he nodded looking back at the screen. He turned back to me, "How about we get to know each other better?" He asked me, I looked over to him then nodded.

"I'm 14 years old, people say I'm nice and kind, I don't get upset really and I like robots." He told me, "I uhm. I'm 10, I am antisocial, I guess I'm a genius and I like robots too." I told him and he smiled at me. "I have robots upstairs if you want to see them." I offered, "Sure." He told me and we went to my room. I showed him Megabot, "Looks cool, what does it do?" He asked me. I used my controller and split Megabot into three then rejoined it. "Magnetic Barring Servos?" Tadashi asked, I nodded and stretched out the controller, "Megabot destroy." The face on Megabot changed and it demolished the robot I put infront of it. "Oh my god! You really are a genius!" Tadashi shouted and pulled me into a hug.

I froze up. He let go of me and asked with concern, "What's wrong?" I just stared at him. "Only mom hugs me." I told him. "Oh gosh, I'm sorry Hiro." Tadashi apologized, but then I hugged him back. "Its okay, your hugs...I like them." I gave him a smile and he hugged me back. We spent the rest of the time talking about robots and our self's.

*Time Skip After Dinner*

I changed into my pajamas and plopped on my bed with my face in my pillow. Then I felt someone get in my bed, it was Tadashi "Sorry Hiro my room is not ready yet so I'm going to have to sleep here for a while. If you don't mind but I can sleep on the couch if you want." He told me. "No it's alright but I think I snore." I told him, "I can live with that."

As our breathing slowed down signalling we were drifting off to sleep I called him, "Tadashi?" "Yeah?" "Um...maybe I do like you." He chuckled, "Awesome." And with that we were out like lights.