Never a happy ending...

Tadashi's POV

"'What now?' I'm not even sure." Mom chuckled with her reply, "Does this mean Tadashi and I can stay together?" Hiro asked. "Sure you can sweetie." Mom bent down and hugged him.

"I'm sorry honey for all that arguing. Tadashi I'm trusting you to look after your body." He got up and knelt down and touch Hiro's shoulder, "You we're never a disappointment to me. In fact you make me even more proud than your brother." He trailed that last sentence but I still heard it.

"Hey!" I yelled but they ignored me. (Lol nice family brah~) "I love you Hiro. Don't forget that." He finished and smiled, this smile I haven't seen in such a long time. Hiro started to break down, "I thought you really hated me! I'm sorry! I'm sorry-" He kept apologizing.

My mom and I couldn't help but tear up as well. It was nice our family was healing.

Hiro's POV

After all the water works we decided to go out for once and get some froyo. It was nice. We cracked jokes, laughed and even tripped a few times. All in all it was a great day.

But sadly life isn't a fairytale. Three months later, mom and dad were going on a date night. I watches as they drove off, and I wish I hadn't seen it. They had the light but some man who ran a red light, being chased by the cops, ran into dad's car.

I went wide-eyed and tried yelling for Tadashi but I couldn't find my voice. I just collapsed on the ground. Tadashi probably heard me and came rushing towards me. "Mommy...daddy...car." I said in fragments he looked confused, so I pointed to the street his face paled. "Hiro you have to get up. We have to go to them."

I nodded and tried my best to get up. After a few minutes we bolted towards the street. The paramedics were already lifting them into their van. "WAIT!!!" I yelled and everyone looked our way, "You kids can't be here!" The police officer in charge put his arms out to block my way.

"Move those are our parents!!!" I screamed and finally got passed him, "Mommy! Daddy! Are you okay!" I shoke their arms, "H-hiro...not so loud." Mom said barely audible. "You guys can ride with them to the hospital." The medic said.

So we road in this heart shattering silence. Our parents went into checking, and once we were called into their room. The doctor told us it was too late. Our time left with them was very limited.

They only stayed with us for 15 minutes, just when I thought they would make it they flat lined. But they didn't die with frowns they died smiling, "Love you guys."

And that was the last time I ever heard their voices. I didn't cry at their funeral like I thought I would have. Because those smiles told me it was okay, they told me to live on.

Even though I knew there was never going to be a happy ending, I still had Tadashi and Aunt Cass and that was good enough for me.