𝒲𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒 𝒲𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝒯𝓇𝒶𝒸𝓀 𝐿𝑒𝒶𝒹 𝒯𝑜

This story is set in the year 1964

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

The sky was painted with darkness and the stars shone in the brightest way possible. The beautiful round ball that sparkled like a diamond was peeping through the blanket of clouds that was covering it. The cool breeze slapped my face gently making my hair move in rhythm. The environment was peaceful, people were nowhere to be found. I was alone sitting on the bench on the platform of the railway station waiting for the Calcutta Express. But it seems like the train is delayed. I checked my watch and it was already 8:03.

Today was not a good day for me after having an important argument with my family, I came here to catch the train.

*********************************

Flashback

"Why don't you want to take her with you" asked my kaka in a demanding voice.

"Because I don't find it necessary for her to come with me" I replied in a frustrated manner

"How can you say this Anirudh, she is your would-be wife..." stopping him in the middle "And I told you that I am not going to marry her" I said pointing my index finger.

"But you are already engaged with her Anirudh" said my father

"But you did this without my consent" I told this looking towards my father

"Stop lying Anirudh, we did this with your consent, don't you remember how you were jumping around the mansion after you got to know about your engagement with Mini" said my kaka and I recalled my old memory.

"Indeed I was happy, but don't you remember my age. I was just twelve years old when you got me engaged with her. I was young and immature to understand the actual meaning of engagement and marriage. I was a kid who thought it was all a game. But now I'm matured enough to understand what it means." I put my point.

"So you thought that it was game" he said in a stern voice and with a heavy sigh he continued "Okay, but now you are matured enough to understand, so now you can marry her right" kaka asked me.

"Kaka why are you not trying to understand that I don't want to marry her" I spoke out loudly due to the frustration.

"Okay, tell me anyone good reason for rejecting her. Isn't she beautiful, isn't she educated, isn't she rich, and she is a well-cultured woman. She is the perfect daughter-in-law of Roy Choudhary Family. Anirudh, my boy please try to understand that she is perfect for you. She is also your childhood friend" kaka said while keeping his hand on my shoulders.