Summer Days

Chapter 1

It was a Wednesday morning, the last day of school. It was 6:23 and I already did my hair and ate my breakfast. It was quite warm out with a total of 71 degrees so I wanted to wear light clothes… But what exactly did I want to wear? So I asked my mom, Sara to come and help me decide between two outfits.

"Do you like the pink and brown silk shirt with the white skirt and my cowboy boots, or the emerald green shirt with the black skirt and black boots?" I asked my mom, holding both outfits up with a confused look on my face.

"Well... I like them both. But I think you should wear the first one. Didn't you wear the black boots the first day of school?" She asked raising one eyebrow.

"I did! Thanks mom."

I threw my clothes on, grabbed my bag and ran down the steps and out the front door. It was 6:42, and I needed to wait by the front porch of Erin and Nichole's house. So I set my bag down and sat on the bottom step.

"Hey." I said as I got up before I was trampled.

"Hey!" Nichole jumped off the porch and ran right into me throwing her arms around me as if she has not seen me in years.

"Whoa!" I said nearly falling over.

"Hey. Last day of school!" Erin smiled, throwing her hands in the air as she walked down the steps.

"I know. I'm so excited!" I screamed.

"Ok. Let's go, we don't want to be late for the bus." Erin said.

"Yeah. I DO NOT want to have to walk to school on the last day." Nichole said and started skipping across the street.

"Wait up!" Erin and I yelled in unison. I grabbed my new pink and yellow flowered bag from off the sidewalk and smiled at Erin.

Then Erin and I ran across the street to try to catch up with her. Finally, when we did, she was singing some song by Evanescence.

"What do you want to do after school today?" I asked, interrupting her singing.

"I'm not sure. Maybe take a walk…" Erin said all happy like.

"Sounds fun to me." Nichole said and I nodded in agreement.

The bus turned the corner and pulled to a stop just as we got to the bus stop. I was always the first on the bus because I loved being able to relax before going to a hectic day of school. I always sat against the window with Erin next to me and Nichole on the outside. We also always sat on the second seat from the front on the way to school and the first seat on our way home.

When the bus came to a stop and one by one we all climbed off the bus, I got nervous… Why am I so nervous? I thought. We all walked in the same door and split up and headed to our lockers. Erin and I were in the same grade but Nichole was a year younger. So Erin and I had to go to the fourth floor to get to our lockers, but Nichole only had to go to the second. But because out last names where different we had to go to different hallways.

I got my English and Social Studies books, and my art project and notebook, then left. On my way to first period I realized that summer is going to be busy as ever! Erin, Nichole and I are going to stay with my grandma and grandpa at Harvey's Lake for three weeks. Then we are going to visit my Uncle Bobby and Aunt Shelly in Massachusetts for two weeks. Then home for three weeks, and then to their Aunt Lora's in LeRaysville for the rest of summer. I guess I walked slowly to class because when I got there, the teacher was already taking roll. Thank goodness, my last name was near the end because that always gave me extra time if I was late. Mrs. Evans was on L when I walked in and ran to my seat.