3 - Post The Christmas Toast

Chapter 3 - Post The Christmas Toast

 Voices. Fear. Hurt. Confusion. All and more mixed. Together. It stings. Doesn't make sense. "What," MJ breathes, not knowing what was happening. "What's going on?" Beeping. Fear. Light-headed. Heart rush.

"Hey, hey, hey." A familiar voice mumbled softly. "MJ, breathe babe." A voice whispered. Babe? The image around her focused as she settled on her husband. Henry Allen. She loved him. She loves him.

"Henry?" She calls, feeling comfort at the presence of her husband. She was safe. She was with him.

"Hey babe." He breathes, leaning down to kiss her forehead. He was so relieved. MJ had finally woken up. "How are you feeling?"

"What happened?" She asked, a tone of fear underlying her question.

"Shh..." He calms her. He lifts his hand to her face, trying to encourage her to breathe. "It's okay. You're okay." MJ leans into his hand, looking up into the blue eyes she loved so much.

"Henry please tell me what happened." She pleaded.

"I will, okay?" He bent down, placing his forehead against his wife's. "God, I love you so much." He told her, needing her to know it.

That struck differently with MJ. Peter Parker. Henry Allen. Both of them her first flame. Both of whom had held her heart at one point. She loved, loves both of them.

"I love you too." She whispered slowly.

*/\/\*

Michelle nodded slowly as her loved ones explained the last couple of hours to her.

"So I just collapsed?" MJ said it out loud for no one in particular. Her eyes were teary, all she wanted to do was understand everything. Everyone nodded, at a loss for words. "God..." She trailed off. She was so confused.

Was it really that hard to remember Peter Parker?

Maybe it was bad of her to be thinking about him right now. Maybe it was. There was a whirlpool in her mind and the memories of Peter and her family were intertwined in each other. Her and Peter hadn't been an item for long, but she knew that the brunette had a special place. His laugh was infectious, his smile was adorable, his heart...

She wasn't sure what his heart was now. Was it honest? No. He lied. He promised to make them remember him. Make them all remember him - but he didn't. Was it twisted? No. She knew that if he didn't come back, he would have had a reason. She remembered Spiderman being in the news recently - he long outlasted J. Jonah Jameson, so it's not like Peter was dead. But... then what stopped him?

"Mum, please say something." Dani whispered, snapping MJ out of her thoughts.

"What do you want me to say?" She asked. There was too much going on in her mind right now. Way too much.

"I'm just gonna say it." Theo responded, not answering MJ's question. MJ quizzically looked towards her son. "Mum, Dad told us about the alleyway with Uncle Ned."

MJ's eyes widened. She tensed all over, not wanting that dreaded day to come back to her mind. The day she forgot Peter. The day everything changed forever. She looked at her husband, who had guilt written all over his face. That day... would never be how she remembered it now. Before it just used to be her waking up in agony, a broken rib sending shots through her as she slowly crawled over to Ned. Desperately calling for help, trying to make sure they were both okay. Blacking out just after her father rushed towards her. Her dad. Her absent dad was there.