Two

It should have been that saccharine sweet, Hallmark family moment - doting partner stooping to lay a tender kiss on his mate's rounded form as the sound of their unborn twins' fluttering heartbeats galloped as candyfloss-maned unicorns about the ultrasound suite - but when Mew raised glistening eyes to meet those of his beloved, Gulf was still scowling.

"Uiii, baby, how long are you going to stay mad at me?" - sonographer wai-ing her hasty exit, as domestic storm clouds gathered betwixt the electronic bleeps, whirring spaceship controls and bleached soul of a sterile, clinical shell.

"I think it's best if I don't answer that, Suppasit", arms folding contrarily atop his bump.

"My Gods, do you have to say my name so coldly?", a veritable shiver down Mew's spine as the thermometer plummeted the depths of an Arctic ice flow.

"I just...don't like it here. I can't breathe"

"The doctors are excellent, I promise-"

"-I know that. It's a 5 star hospital, blah blah blah. I get it, but they won't understand me like you. Don't you...remember? When my mind steps back to the cave, it's like a tranquility, a serenity centres everything. You and me, the old ways - it's in our blood. I just know it has to be that way again"

But firmly, if gently:

"It can't be though, my love. There is no cave. You know I would respect every decision you make, but this is out of our hands. The risks are higher for you, the birth must take place at a specialist medical facility. You heard the doctor earlier, your Caesarean section is already booked for one week's time, Gulf. So please, can't we just enjoy these last few days as just the four of us, na?"

Listener's glower remaining, though a disarmament in process - relaxing just a notch, then slackening, pacifying, until at last the omega conceded the very slightest of nods. Alpha tearing strips of blue paper towel to banish the slime of medical gel from his exposed midriff, before lowering his lips to kiss softly, once again, at the tummy that housed their precious cargo.

"We can't wait to meet you, troublesome pups"

As he straightened up, gaze glitching:

"Hoy, Gulf, you're leaking" - gesturing symmetrical, pooling dampness at the chest of the omega's loose, tie-dyed vest.

"Shia, damn hormones, I forgot my nipple pads", scanning surroundings for a substitute.

But Mew manoeuvring as a flash of the retreating room-storm's lightning, up to the raised head end of the hospital bed, to bring lips together in heated pecks and toying bites, between which, growled...

"Want me...to suck...them...dry again...baby?"

Earning a clip about the ear from a crimson-cheeked Gulf:

"Save your kinks for home, rascal Alpha!"

"You know you love it. Are you wet for me?" - mischievous hands working their wicked way rearwards...

And just then a jaunty knock at the door, rosy, ponytailed, face peeping around...

"Sawadee kha! Am I interrupting?"

"No", said Gulf. "Yes", said Mew. But June already half way into the room, arms out wide to envelop them all in heartiest hugs, trilling:

"Come to Mamaaa, my cutie pies!"