Chapter 3

After taking a shower, I decided to open my Facebook for a while, you know, to see some new news. After a while of scrolling I felt my eyes are being dragged down.

I was about to put my phone away when it rang.

(Unknown number): Goodnight, Nikkie, see you tomorrow ;) xx

My eyes went wide. Only one person calls me that, Jason.

How the hell did he get my number?

Nicole: How did you freakin' got my number?

After a while of waiting, I realized he wasn't planning on answering my message so I decided to just fall asleep.

••••

"Cole!"

"I'm coming!"

Today is the day that my life will start to change. I will be moving in with Jason Smith. Jason freakin' Smith.

I went down the stairs to see my dad waiting for me impaiently, tapping his right foot.

"Hey, dad." I smiled.

"Where are your things?" Dad asked.

Oh shoot I forgot it upstairs.

"Upsta-" My sentence was cut off by a familiar raspy hot voice.

Seriously, Cole? Hot?

"In my car, Mr. Cater." I turned around to see the one and only Jason Smith with a smile on his face.

"Oh okay. Thank you, Son." My dad patted his back whilist walking out.

I was left there with my mouth hanging open. He did not just called him son? Did he?

"Close your mouth, Nikkie." He smirked.

"Shut up. What are you doing here in Kenz's house?" I emphasized the "house" part.

"Uh, picking you up?" A voice suddenly answered for Jason. Mickenzi.

"Morning, Kenz!" I hugged her.

"So uh, you ready?" Jason interrupted us.

"Oh yeah, bye Kenz. See you in school." We said our goodbyes and walked out.

"Cole, c'mere dear." My mom motioned me to go near her.

"We have to leave now. Our flight's an hour." Mom said.

"Jason here will be the one to give you lift, since he lives there anyway," dad said, "thanks by the way son, for offering help." Dad smiled.

"No problem, sir." Jason politely answered.

I sighed.

"Do you really have to leave mom? Dad?" I asked.

"Yes, sweetie." My mom looked at me with sad eyes.

"Hey baby girl, we have to go now. We're running late. We will try our best to contact you every other day, okay baby girl?" Dad hugged me.

"Promise?"

"Promise." Dad said.

"Bye mom, bye dad." I gave them each a kiss.

"Behave young lady!" Mom said, and with that, they drove off.

"Let's go, Nikkie." Jason said as he motioned me to enter his car.

"Stop calling me Nikkie." I huffed, entering the car.

"What do you want? Baby girl?" He smirked.

"Whatever." I sighed.

The whole drive to their house was not that far from Kenz's house. In just 30 minutes we reached their house.