the beginning and the end

The Sun has just risen, and so has he. he slithers out of bed, a serpent indeed, not bringing on the temptation but is the tempted. he pulls over a t-shirt before pulling it off and pulling on another, over and over.

(he does not realize that the flies buzzing in his room are laughing at him, for they smell forbidden fruit).

he keeps the necklace cross on his neck, whether out of respect or as a jeer he does not know. he creeps out of the house, the morning grass wet, leaving green trails below his knees and marking his white shoes green.

(For he is unclean, and green with envy).

he hops over fences and dodges the children screaming and giggling on their bikes, their braces glistening with apple or orange juice still fresh on their lips.

(How he wished he had stayed the same).

he makes it to his destination and sees Him, the unlikely beauty. The Boy sat on a tree stump, His hair dripping with the water from the sprinklers, His shorts ripped and His shirt untidy, but what a beautiful mess He was.

(The mess He truly was would outweigh His beauty eventually).

the boy watching Him from afar could only dive behind a tree and hold onto it, his eyes wide and his mouth agape.

(Oh, how naive he was!)

the other Boy stood up, dusted off His shorts and looked up.

(Why did He have to see you?)

He walked over.

(Leave. Don't speak to Him.)

"Hi," He grinned, His canines sharp.
"Hi," the naive boy blushed red.

(Leave).

the Sun loomed over them now.
and then that was that.
stray kisses that turned heavy, touches that lingered for far too long. they would ride around on His bicycle, the naive boy would hold onto His chest, his face buried in the crook of His neck. they would ride to abandoned parks, ride and kiss in the rain, drink fresh lemonade and taste it on each other dead in the night, hiding under the cool white sheets, safe from the biting world and the summer heat.

it was beautiful.

until it wasn't.

(SMACK!)

the naive boy slowly raised his hand to touch his red cheek as He stood over him.

it burned. it burned.

(But love is supposed to make you blush and burn, right?)

cries were muffled by the soft cushion of a pillow as his face was shoved into it.

(you asked for it. you wanted this).

but the naive boy loved Him anyways.

(Stupid boy. Stupid, stupid boy).

the naive boy only saw the times He would hug him, when He would kiss him softly, when He would call him beautiful.

(you allow yourself to be tempted too easily).

and then one day everything just stopped. everything.

(i hate You).

he wanted to sleep.

(i hate You).

he was tired.

(i hate You).

he was disgusting. he was sinful.

(Then Jesus said, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest).

how he wanted it all to end.

the front door unlocked.

it was Him.

(Damn You. You killed God and put Your name on the bible).

little did the naive boy---now a man--- know is that it would end for him very, very soon.

He was angry.

and He was violent.

and He would show no mercy.

what a shame that He was oh so beautiful before he fell.

(O how you have fallen from heaven, morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations!)