4. singing to you

today was day of the show in london. veronica had already sent the two their information for the show so they could get front row seats.

she went on stage in approximately 5 minutes. she had a plan. since she already knew what tommy looked like, she'd look for him in the crowd. and then if a tall man with fluffy hair and maybe glasses was standing next to him, she'd find wilbur.

4 minutes

her set list was simple. start off with everyone's favorite, closure. then she'd play happiness, hoax, tolerate it, and mad woman. then sing one of her favorite taylor songs, betty. then to end off the show she'd sing babe, her most popular song.

3 minutes

her guitar was ready and tuned, and she was ready

2 minutes

1 minute

she stood in front of the curtains, microphone in hand. and waited for them to open. they opened slowly, revealing herself to the crowd of people.

"hello there london" she said, the crowd going wild. she swiftly walked to the edge of the stage.

"you know, i'm not on tour. i just wanted to do a show in london, and now im doing a show in london." she then glances at the front row, immediately spotting tommy, but not yet trying to find wilbur. she'd wait for a bit more in the show to do so.

"i hope everyone got there complementary tissues when they got in, because you might want them. but who am i to judge? crying is totally normal, especially when listening to songs about heart break. but i hope you don't leave this show sad. i want you guys to be happy and bursting with joy because you got the experience this. anyways. i'm not good at introducing my songs, so i'll just do what i do best. sing about my sad and somewhat shitty life" she says.

then she starts playing closure, the crowd cheers, as it's one of their favorites.

she then plays happiness, hoax and tolerate it. all piano based songs.

"now that we've finished up over at the lovely piano. how about i come see you guys?" she smiles, walking back up the edge of the stage.

"hello front row people, i recognize some of you" she says,
making eye contact with tommy.

"i have some friends here guys, so i appreciate you being on your best behavior. i don't want you embarrassing me, right?" she chuckles.

"anyways, how about we spend some time together. you, me, and my guitar" she grins, the stage hand giving her her guitar, making the crowd cheer.

as she tunes her guitar, she decides to search for wilbur. first finding tommy, and then looking around him. there he was. wilbur soot. he was beautiful. tall and handsome as hell one taylor swift might say. his hair was brown and messy, but not bad messy, good messy. it just barely fell over his eyes. he looked perfect. everything about him looked perfect. his eyes, oh his eyes. yes they were brown, not the infamous green or blue that appear in taylor's songs, but they were still just as beautiful. and then, veronica slipped up, making direct eye contact with this 'handsome devil'. after a moment he noticed the eye contact, which caused him to turn a bit red. after another moment he waved to her. she gave him a little wave back, making him go even more red. and that was within a singular minute. yes, she was counting.

"alright. who here is a taylor swift fan?" she asks the crowd, looking up from her guitar. the crowd cheers and shouts to her.

she grabs her microphone and takes it off the stand, going back to edge of the stage.

"you, the ginger" she says, making eye contact with a girl in front row. "what's your favorite taylor swift song"

"oh uhm- p-probably all too well" the girl responds.