oneshot - eras tour

A/N: FYI, her album the lucky one is out by now so she's performing some songs from it :)

veronica | @/ronniescarlet
i'm about to go on stage and i'm terrified

veronica walks onto the stage, her hand gripped around her microphone. her band starts playing the lucky one as she approaches the mic stand. she puts the mic into the stand and starts singing.

"new to town with a made-up name. in the angel's city chasing fortune and fame, and the camera flashes make it look like a dream" she sings. the crowd almost immediately recognizes the song and starts shouting along which gets rid of her nerves. sure her and taylor share a lot of their fan base but she didn't expect a stadium of people to know her songs that well....

once she finishes the song the walks down to the middle of the stage (the little diamond part).

"hi everyone!!" she smiles, waving at the crowd around her. "im honored to even be in this stadium right now. just seeing taylor alone is incredible but getting to open for her... holy shit i feel like i'm in a dream. being so close with her is something so unimaginable and i can't believe she trusted me enough to get you guys ready to see her!! she's one of my bestest friends and we've worked together so many times now... so why don't i play a song i wrote with her?" she smirks.

her band stands playing state of grace and veronica starts bouncing around the stage.

"i'm walking fast through the traffic lights. busy streets and busy lives. and all we know is touch and go... we are alone with a changing minds, we fall in love til' hurts or bleeds or fades in time..." she sings, the crowd shouting along with her.

she proceeded to perform another 5 songs including better man, treacherous, holy ground, babe, and ivy. once she was done and off stage, she changed into a more comfortable outfit and went to the vip tent to watch the show.

before taylor starting singing lover, she was giving a speech about her songs, the show, and the openers.

"our second opener was the phenomenal veronica scarlet. everyone get it up for veronica!!" she smiles while the crowd goes crazy. "vee is one of my closest friends and she has been so much fun to work with. we've written tons of songs together, including some on midnights. she's an incredible songwriter and i just love her so much"

veronica is starting to tear up, holding her hand over her mouth in shock as the crowd cheers for taylor. she shouts along to lover, knowing the lyrics by heart.

——
SURPRISE SONG TIME

"hi everybody! i thought i would come over here and check up on you guys. you guys ok?" taylor says to the crowd. "so in 2019 i met someone who i love so much, and she's been such an incredible friend. we've written songs together that have either ended up on my albums or hers and i just think she's so great. like it's insane how much i adore her and her music, and so since she's here tonight.... i asked her if she would feel comfortable coming up her with me and playing a song, and she said yes so everyone say hi to veronica!!!"

veronica comes up from the little stage lift thingy and walks down the catwalk, which was unnecessarily long. she reaches taylor and gives her a big hug.

"so we wrote this song so casually.. like we were talking about life and stuff and then our conversation sort of turned into lyrics so we just ended writing this whole song that night. this song is one of my favorites on the album so i hope you guys love it too..." taylor says as she joins veronica at the piano.