Chapter 28 - Faster than Fast

These things are insanely fast. How do we catch up to them?

"Zaxl, please tell me you know of a way to catch these things?!" I exclaimed in frustration.

"There is one method I know but i-"

"But what?!" I shouted irately. Never had I hated a creature so badly; not even goblins were this annoying.

"It requires a little bit of violence."

"Yeah? I could use some right about now!" Jethro exclaimed excitedly.

"Alright, if you insist..." he hesitantly said.

He chanted and let out a tiny stream of lightning from the tips of his fingers, and all the pixies let out tiny screams of pain before collapsing to the ground and dropping the hog. I walked over to them, and their singed hair smelled something awful.

"You will pay for this!" their leader groaned out.

"Next time you steal, ask before you borrow!" I hissed.

"Easy food equals easy joy. I'm tired of eating dandelions and cattails for months at a time." the lead whisperdale whined.

I know how that feels.

"Let's make a deal, shall we? We give you part of the hog, and you help us on our journey to Jokkam. Both of us will benefit," Zaxl reasoned.

"But that's o-" Jethro began.

"Shut up, Jethro," I hissed, kicking me in the shin.

"Very well. Give us the pig first, and then we'll tell you everything you need to know."

"You have yourselves a deal," Zaxl beamed.