Chapter 6

Adrien was exhausted the next morning, his alarm went off bright and early only an hour after he had fallen asleep. Every muscle in his body was screaming to stay in bed but he knew he had to be on time for class so he could give Marinette the present that would hopefully cheer her up. He had worked on it all night, Plagg of course had made fun of him the whole time but that wasn't new. He packed the small box fore Marinettte in his bag before getting dressed and ready for school.

"You really think Marinette's going to like these?" Plagg said as Adrien brushed his teeth, Adrien just gave him a glare, "You should give her some cheese, everyone likes cheese!"

"Plagg I don't think everyone likes cheese as much as you do," Adrien rolled his eyes but worry gnawed at his stomach, she would like his gift right?

They car ride felt like it took forever as Adrien sat shaking his leg in anticipation. Finally the car stopped and he rushed up the steps of the school building and made his way to class. He was earlier than most of the students, no sign of Marinette. Students slowly made their way to their seats, Nino sat beside him looking tired.

"Hey Nino!" Adrien said cheerfully, Nino gave him a slow look before just groaning and putting his head down on his desk, "Uh you okay?"

"Dude I am so tired," Nino said quietly looking around the room before whispering, "Alya was real upset last night, I took hours to calm her down-" He stopped as Alya walked into the room with a sour look on her face. Nino gave Adrien a knowing look before getting his school supplies out for the day. Adrien nervously shifted in his seat, if Alya was this angry then Marinette was going to only feel worse. He didn't want the two friends to be fighting but he didn't think he could calm down Alya if even Nino couldn't. But Marinette could be here any minute.

"Um Alya," Adrien turned around, she raised an eyebrow questioningly, "I know Marinette had a rough night yesterday so maybe... maybe you could forgive what she said yesterday?" He waited for a response nervous that Marinette would walk in.

"Wait what do you mean last night?" Alya's anger at Marinette gave away for a moment to curiosity.

"Oh uh you know like at the movie theater," Adrien rushed failing to sound casual.

"Mhm, and do you know whats going on with her?" Alya's journalist instincts kicked in, this boy knew more than he was saying.

"Wh-what no of course not. I know absolutely nothing!" He exclaimed a bit too loud waving his hands in an attempt to seem innocently unaware.

"Right, okay I'll go easy on her today, that is if she even shows up," Alya said motioning to Mrs. Bustier beginning class.

About halfway into class Marinette barged in, interrupting the lesson. She sheepishly apologized before slinking to her spot beside Alya. She had slept in late, Tiki didn't want to wake her after she had finally gotten some sleep. Marinette couldn't remember her dreams which was a major improvement but she was still exhausted. She glanced at Alya who was focusing on the teacher and sighed. Alya was probably still mad at her. She put her head in her hand and slowly pulled out her notebook flipping to her notes from last class. Instead of her handwriting there were notes she didn't recognize along with a little heart in the margins. Under the heart was a line of writing, 'You got this girl!!'. Marinette smiled to herself but it quickly faltered remembering how terrible of a friend she had been to Alya lately.

"Hey girl," Alya nudge Marinette with a smile, "want to come to the park with us after class?" Marinette looked in shock to her friend she hadn't expected Alya to want to still talk to her.

"Yeah of course!" She said happily, maybe today wouldn't be so bad. The class continued easily for the pair, they shared a few jokes and seemed to be getting over the day before.

At the end of the day Marinette had successfully paid attention all day and was feeling pretty good about going out with her friends, there would be nothing to remind her of Chat Blanc. Except thinking about him like she was right now, her smile fell and she faltered putting her books away for a moment.

"Hey Marinette, " Adrien's voice pulled her attention back, he was standing beside her with a box in his hands.

"Ye-yes my lov- Adrien!" She blushed furiously at her near slip up.

"Here these are for you, " he scratched the back of his head in embarrassment. Marinette took the box and opened it delicately, inside was a row of pink macaroons, each a different size with different amounts of filling. They were a bakers nightmare, the colour wasn't properly mixed and most of them were too flat to be called macarons. "I thought since you are always baking for us that I should return the favour," Adrien said with a slight smile, looking at them now in the light of day he realized just how bad they looked, he groaned internally and his cheeks flushed with embarrassment.

"They are... perfect!" Marinette squealed, she was blushing furiously and staring them with hearts in her eyes. Adrien had made her macarons! Adrien laughed nervously, her reaction didn't help the heat in his face.

"Ewww what are those!" Chloe's voice broke into the moment harshly, she was pointing to the box Marinette was holding.

"Adrien made them!" Alya said pointedly at Chloe with a smug look.

"They look amaaazing Adrikens," Chloe immediately switched to a sickly sweet voice hanging onto Adrien's arm.

"Right thanks Chloe," Adrien shook Chloe off his arm, not missing her change in attitude. Chloe gave Marinette a glare before pulling Sabrina out of the class behind her.

"Sooooo," Alya slid beside Marinette with a knowing look, "Girl what happened with Adrien!" They watched as Adrien and Nino left class ahead of them chatting happily.

"What nothing happened!" Marinette nearly tripped over her own feet barely keeping hold of the gift Adrien gave her.

"And the sky isn't blue. Marinette he gave you macarons he made himself! And he was asking about you this morning, so dish," Alya asked again frustrated her best friend wouldn't give her an answer.

"I really don't know! I went straight home after you left yesterday and I haven't talked to him since."

"Fine don't tell me, but I will find out if you're keeping a secret from me," Marinette looked at Alya nervously, her best friend was good at finding information especially when she was determined. If it wasn't for ladybug giving her a miraculous Alya probably would have found out Ladybugs identity by now. Once she was Rena Rouge she understood the importance of secret identity's. But unfortunately for Marinette there was no good excuse for her recent behaviour that wouldn't reveal herself.