•ESCAPE•

Jared stopped next to a crowded sidewalk. The sky was orange, and the sun went down.

"What time is it guys?" I ask

"7.20 PM" Jared replied after he took a glance at his phone screen.

"Where are we going?we have nowhere to go" Dave said

"I guess we should return tomorrow morning, there is no way I would drive again tonight" Jared replied

"Why not looking for a cheap motel or any vacant building to stay?"

"That's a good idea" Jared's hazel eyes twinkled.

"As for tonight, it's better to sleep in the car I guess" Dave said.

" I want to drink"

"Same" I agreed with Jared

"Alright, I think near here there must be a liquor shop. let's exchange seat", Dave said

Dave and Jared exchanged seat, Dave to the driver's seat and Jared decided to sit on the back seat next to me.

Dave drove off.

After driving around town, Dave stopped in front of a liquor shop, it's very crowded there so he sneaked in and I guess he's about to steal some bottles.

As predicted, Dave sneaked out of the liquor shop hiding the bottles beneath his shirt and he ran into the car. the security who happened to be in the entrance notice Dave's strange behavior and called him out, but he managed to hopped into the driver's seat and drove off. the thrill we felt is surreal, both Dave and Jared were excited.

"Oh gosh! finally ! I'm an expert in shoplifting am I?" Dave said jokingly

"You're our teacher and counselor." I replied sarcastically, Jared and Dave laughed.

Dave drove to a desolate public park where only few people walk their dog at night.
After he parked the car, the three of us got out of the car and sat on top of the grass.

We tapped the bottle in unison and began to drink, I decided one shot is enough to avoid chaos.

Jared and Dave drink continuously. I can tell at this point Jared's cheek turned rosy, a sign every time he got intoxicated,he's always the drunkest one.

"Ahhh... Nicole... I have feelings for you" Jared said out of the blue.

I brushed it off, he would blurt out the same words when he's intoxicated. There is no sign that he's into me when he's sober. I knew deep down inside his heart, he's still into Ashley, his ex.

"Listen man, Jared.because of your idea, Barbara ended up dead" Dave said something that would provoke Jared.

"Wh-what? Me? You're the one who killed her bro" Jared replied in a drunken state

"No-no I killed her by accident. You are the reason why I did it, you shot her earlier."

"There is no way you did it by accident. You fired at her multiple times!"

The two continued with their drunk talk that ended up violently. Dave assaulted Jared with the liquor bottle and the two struggled on the ground. Dave was so aggressive that he bit Jared's hand.

I tried to split the two up and almost got hit by Dave, eventually I kicked Dave's stomach.

"ARRRGH!!!" He rolled on the ground in agony.

"Sorry, Dave"

Jared's hand had Dave's bite mark on it and it's a deep one, not just a normal bite mark. He almost bites his skin tissue.

I walked Jared back to the car where later he passed out in the backseat, then I helped Dave to stand up and put him in the passenger's seat.

The idea of drinking always ends up in tragedy...

I drove until I reached a secluded motel far from the public area, and fell asleep in the driver's seat.