Chapter Five

Chapter Five

Percy felt sick. His stomach felt wrong. He got out of bed and made his way to the bathroom. He went to the toilet and fell down beside it. His head hung over the bowl.

      He spit into the toilet, and kept his mouth open as drool fell out of his mouth heavily. A second later, he felt it. He retched into the toilet bowl, but nothing came out. He did it again, and puke erupted from his throat.

     The mixture of tater-tots and chocolate painted the toilet a weird color. He kept throwing up, upchucking everything he had eaten the night before.

     Once he was done, he kept his head above the toilet. He felt more fatigued as he waited to see if more would come up. Once he deemed it safe, he flushed the toilet.

     He walked out of the bathroom and into the small little, well, it wasn't really a kitchen. There was a coffee pot, a microwave, a sink, a toaster, and a fridge, all on a counter by the door. He reached into the fridge and pulled out an Eggo waffle. He stuck it into the toaster and waited.

     A few minutes later, the waffle was ready. He grabbed it and bit into it. He wolfed down the breakfast item. He opened the fridge, grabbed the bottle of orange juice, and took a swig.

     Hopefully he could keep that down. At least until after the fight.

Percy's next opponent was a minor God. The God of Fear, Phobos. Percy felt confident going into this fight, considering that he had already fought this God a while ago.

     The God stood in front of him, in the form of a teenage boy with eyes of fire. He wore a black tight fitted shirt, torn jeans, and a leather jacket. He also had a bandana on his head. He had a knife tucked into his belt.

     Percy unsheathed his knife.

     "Where's that sword you had last time? I want to use it to gut you like a fish." Phobos said. "I've been waiting for a rematch, for a chance to show you that last time was a fluke."

     "It's with your mother." Percy said. Sure, it made no sense, but it made Phobos mad. And that was his intention. "I must've left it there last night. I was preoccupied with other things after all."

     Phobos drew his knife. His eyes burned brighter as he saw red. He charged at Percy. Percy sidestepped and slashed at the God with his knife. He cut the leather jacket, but missed any flesh. Phobos turned around, before charging again.

     It seemed like Phobos was like a bull. He couldn't change directions as he charged. Percy already knew that Phobos was a very weak fighter, relying on his abilities and Godly strength to win fights. But after Percy's comment, Phobos was too angry to use his powers.

     As such, when Phobos charged again, Percy sidestepped and stuck out a leg. Phobos tripped over the leg and fell on his face. He rolled over, and made to get up, but Percy straddled his stomach.

     Phobos went to stab Percy with his knife, but Percy caught his hand. He twisted it, breaking Phobos's wrist. Percy didn't even look away from Phobos's eyes as he did it. He bore his eyes into the God. He wanted the fear God to feel fear.

     Percy took his knife and raised it above his head. He brought it down, stabbing the God in the heart. Percy pulled it out, and ichor started to leak from the wound. The fire in Phobos's eyes died out.

     Percy got up and wiped the ichor on his shirt. He looked at the Fear god, before deciding that he liked the leather jacket.

     He lifted Phobos's dead body and took the jacket off. He wiped the sand off of the back and put it on. It was almost a perfect fit. A little big, but it went well with the plain white shirt.