Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

Percy didn't like Cletus. The dude was a major sociopath that creeped even Venom out. He had no qualms about killing, calling life meaningless and thinking "Laws are just words.". Apparently he was a serial killer. He had been sent to this prison after being convicted of eleven murders. Though, he bragged that they never found the bodies of over a dozen more.

     He often tried to talk to Percy, though Percy wanted nothing to do with him. He often ignored anything the serial killer said, opting to keep to himself. Besides, he had his hands full with Venom already.

      The prison didn't serve anything with phenethylamine in it, and Venom was getting hungry. He tried to talk to a guard about getting some chocolate, but they wouldn't budge, and would often try to beat Percy with their batons for asking. The batons only snapped, so the guards learned to just verbally abuse him.

      Percy stared at them unphased anytime they did. He went through Tartarus, this was nothing. If anything, he was bored and in danger of being eaten by Venom.

      So it was here in the cafeteria that Percy sat, poking his prison mush with a plastic fork. Cletus sat down next to him and leaned in.

      "Have you ever tasted blood?" He said quietly. "It's a sweet taste, a little metallic."

      "Can confirm, it does taste like that."

     Percy rolled his eyes. He wanted to pray to Artemis. Maybe she could come down and talk to him. Visiting hours were available. He closed his eyes and thought about what he would say.

      'Artemis, please come visit me.'

      Percy opened his eyes. Cletus was still talking, probably rambling about what each internal organ tastes like. Percy wouldn't put it past him.

      "Would Percy Jackson please come down to the visitation center? You have someone to see you." The PA announced.

      Percy stood up. Looks like his prayers were answered. One of the guards, Johnson, led him to the visitation center. Percy liked Johnson. He was better than most of the guards here. He didn't tell him off for asking if he could get chocolate, and even offered him a Twix one time.

       Percy entered the room. That sat him down in one of the booths and made him wait. A buzz sounded through the room and a door on the other side of the glass opened. In walked three people. One was officer Johnson, who Percy guessed went to let in the visitors, and the other two were Artemis and Thalia.

      Artemis had sunglasses on, covering her silver eyes. Thalia had a bag in her hand. They sat down and Artemis picked up the phone. Percy did the same.

      "Hey." She greeted.

      "Hey."

     "How are you holding up?"

     "Fine. Cell mate's a creep, Venom's being whiny, and I miss you two."

      "I am not being whiny!"

      "Sounds like someone who is being whiny." Percy retorted.

      "Sounds fun." Thalia said sarcastically.

      "Super."

      "Well, we brought you chocolate." Artemis said as Thalia held the bag up. "We asked that guard to give it to you. He said he will, but if he doesn't, I'll just convince him."

       Thalia grabbed the phone. "Kelp head! Did you know that Hera walks her peacock right outside of the prison?!"

      Artemis nodded and took the phone. "It's true. That's why I'm wearing sunglasses."