Final Thoughts

A/N. 100 pages, exactly. Minus this end note. Also, there aren't any page breaks, so that is really the amount of pure story this is. 34.8K words. And now for my final thoughts.

I had wanted to rewrite We Are Venom for ages now. I hated how it went terrible at the end, and knew I could do better. So I decided that I would and on December 18th, 2021, I created this document. I wrote two lines, and then promptly forgot about this. Didn't work on this again until March 19th. And then I worked on this pretty much nonstop. And here we are, at the end.

So let's start at the beginning. I wanted a different reason to send Percy to Tartarus. So obviously, murder. I mean, that's where murderers are supposed to go. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure. So yeah, he killed Octavian.

I wanted Percy to do something different in Tartarus as well. I remember that I had wanted to do a story where Percy fights in an arena in Tartarus for a while. Mainly because I would imagine it while listening to songs. Songs like Carry On, by The Score, or 12 Rounds, by Bohnes. So yeah, went that route.

Enter Venom. Last time, Venom was pretty much just exposition in the beginning. Much less so this time. Took the meeting scene of Venom and Eddie from the movie, so I think that helped. I also wanted him to have kind of a friend relationship with Percy. Someone to bust his ass and be sarcastic with. They give each other a hard time, but deep down they care for each other.

Speaking of relationships, Percy x Artemis x Thalia. My first time writing a poly relationship. I think I did pretty well. I knew that I wanted to emphasize that Artemis and Thalia were dating each other. So that way it felt like a polyamurous relationship, and not just one where Percy has two girlfriends. Hope I did well on that. Which brings us to the smut. I showed it to Zaeng_, because she asked to see it, and she told me it was and I quote, "A fucking porno". I took that as a compliment. I actually felt that it was pretty good. I want your guy's opinions on it though.

Alright, Cleytus Kasady. I know, there wasn't much of him. Sorry about that. I hope that in his short time of being there, he made you hate him. Or at least weirded out. I was debating adding a scene where he raped someone, but decided against it since he's a serial killer and not a rapist.

The ending. Originally, it ended with Percy becoming king. But the closer I got to the ending, it just felt wrong to me. So I kept making small changes, and small changes. Then I scrapped half of those and just wrote, and that's what you got. And yeah, I did leave you on a cliffhanger. Will there be a sequel, probably. As you probably know, I have no self control or self respect.

Finally, how'd y'all like this approach to releasing a story? I liked it a lot. It allowed me to check my facts easier, and edit earlier things if I wanted to change something. Let me know what you thought.

Thoughts?