𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙾𝚗𝚎: 𝙵𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚣𝚒𝚜𝚔𝚊

My name is Franziska Gilberta. I try to remind myself about that everyday, even on days I don't necessarily need to. I am currently a merchant apprentice in this up-and-coming company my father owns. Originaly, I was supposed to become an apprentice of an artisan, but unfortuntely for some reason that father only knows about, I was declined. My family was the one who suggested that I would be a good artist, in which I kind of see why, but my head is already set on becoming a merchant.

Waking up before the first bell rings. As father always says that time is important and wasting time means wasting money.

I get the concept and believe that, but I personally believe that wasting time is humans' nature.

so I wake up early to waste my time on useless things.

I got up from my bed silently. With these thin walls, It's a little hard to stay silent to not cause disturbance for the people next door and under you, which is basically just father and the shop.

With my room full of my inventions' wooden prototypes, miniatures and other miscellanious objects like a clutter, I do try my best to organize this room. I just don't have all the time and effort . Although, I have made myself a high cupboard which I can easily access in a pull, making my messy life easier .

Starting with a morning stretch, a short bath and prolonged sitting on my neatly clustered desk just looking outside through the glass window, waiting and watching as the sun rise through the gabbled roofs of other buildings.

A few minutes when the first bell rings, I could hear doors from the upper floors being silently and slowly opening, and some footsteps following. I assume it's the cook and shop workers.

After a few more minutes of me sitting in my desk, the light ring of the bell from nearby, rang signalling that breakfast is ready.

I could finally drag my chair towards the door to open it. As a person who has smaller stature than the other kids my age, I could not even reach my own doorknob without extra height.

I'm not that small though, when I step at the top of the chair, the knob's already near my knees.

I planned on making a shorter stool for it, but it would be a waste of time, effort and resources whenI have a good chair to step on. I'm still growing anyway, so what's the point?

I couldn't hold back my yawn as I got out of my room. As I opened my teary eyes, I saw father get out of his room that's just right infront of mine.

"Good morning papa!"

I greeted enthusiastically as he ruffled my head.

"Morning. How are you feeling?"

Right. I just had a cold yesterday. It's almost winter after all.

"Better than yesterday, I would say."

I giggled.

"Hm. That's good to hear. I have a big task to give you today after all."

"Hm?"

Big task? What could it be?

He usually don't give me "big tasks", except for some occasions when I had to go out of town alone.

"I'll tell you later after we eat our fill."

He said, picking me up and walks in his usual fast speed. Seems like he's in a bit of hurry.

~~~~

"I have to attend some urgent matter out of town. I assume I'm going to be home a little late. I want you to look after the shop for me." He spoke, "Since I was summoned in such short notice, I'm not able to adjust my schedule as always, you might encounter some problems..."