一𝙸𝙸

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚙𝚝. 𝙸𝙸:

    Due to the rush get up stairs as she met Mark on the way to carry her frail physic, she was met with a mouthful from her father while gaining her breath.

"SO? What did she come here for??"
He asked, crossing his arms as he sat on one of the dining room's chair

"Lady Lorriene? She... She came here... No she asked me if I'd want to become her apprentice...-"
Franziska replied, huffing, until sooner, Mark offered her a drink.

"What did you say back?"
After finishing the glass, the child took a deep breath, collecting her thoughts back.

"Wait, let me rephrase that. She offered me a deal, if I agree on becoming her apprentice, we'd be able to build a Gilberta shop at the nobility district. "

"Get your wits together and do a proper report."
Benno said as he ruffled the girl's head aggressively.

"Sorry!"

"Don't apologize. So? What did you say?"
He asked, raising a brow at the child who started fidgeting her thumbs.
"I said no... Because I wanted to discuss about this with my parents, I said something like that."

""Something like that"?! What if you said the wrong thing!?"
"Sorry..."
"Then? What happened next?"

"Well, she said she's coming back... I don't know when..."
The girl looked down, eyes almost tearing up.

"Hm. I see... So, what do you think? If it's just you alone, are you going to accept the deal?"
He asked, his face turning into a pint frown.

"... I would, if it's going to expand the business to the nobles-"
"Idiot! That's easy to say, but we don't know what's in there!"
He interjected as he sprung forward on his seat, facing the child with a deep frown.

"Plus, you're way too young for such contract. You won't be permitted to run a store all by yourself, let's face it, the deals told you is impossible ."
Franziska nodded in agreement as she tried to keep a straight face.

"Plus, with such weak constitution, how long are you gonna last under that demonic woman huh!?!"
"I couldn't!"
She responded swiftly.

"Tch. See? If she's that desperate for you, then let's lead her like a pig with you as the carrot on a stick. If we do that, she'll raise the conditions for better. "

"Understood!"

"Good. Now go and finish your unfinished tasks. After that, you can rest. Then get ready for dinner."

    "okay..."
she mumbled in reply as she turned to the door to leave, vision stuck on the floor.

Benno noticed the child's dismay, he felt responsible eventhough he thinks he's right.
"Heads up.  For the mean time, you still have to train on how to run a business by your own. You did good for today, go and rest after dinner."
The man tried to console the girl.

"Alright! I'll do my best papa!"
She responded enthusiastically, clasping her hands tight.

"That's good to hear. Now go help your aunt for dinner."

After they had partaken the food went to their own separate rooms, the rain blessed the land, becoming the catalyst of new ideas of novel ideas to create, Franziska picked up her slate and drew yet another example draft.

During the ambient sound of heavy raindrops and light thunder, a pounding sound seemed off for the child.

And it was followed by another pound. And passionate sound a child shouldn't hear surrounded her ear. The child looked dumbfounded, shocked. She didn't know what's going on beyond the floor.

"OH GOD YES!!"

It was from above. And it was Franziska's que to leave.
Disapointed, she gathered her things and left to evacuate to her father's room.

She can still hear the faint unholy sounds while knocking on Benno's door. Not long  after, he opened and gave a questioning look.

"Why are you still up?"

"There's demons above me."
Franziska said plainly , looking straight back at him, waiting for the man to let her in.

"Demons usually lurk under the bed. Are you perhaps scared from the thunder?"
He squeezed his frowned eyebrows .

"The thunder was taken advantage of."

"Yeah sure kid . I don't get it but come in."
He said, giving up fromeven understanding a thing the child is talking about.

"I'll tuck you in. Give me a minute, I just have to clean this up"
Benno calmly spoke as he went to approach his work-filled desk. While tidying up the mess, he recieved a blunt reply from the child.

"No"

" "no"?! What do you mean by no?"
He turned to the child with a frown.

"I don'tneed to get tucked on bed yet, I have some stuff to do too!"
The girl light-heartedly replied as she sat by the window and continuing her work.

"If you wake up tomorrow in a qeak state, I won't make any exception and we'll continue your training!"

≡≡≡≡t h e   n e x t   d a y≡≡≡≡≡

Sun shining, clear skies as the early morning birds chirped. The family gathered at the table.
Corrina and her husband seemed to be in a good mood, meanwhile...
Benno was frowning as he looked at the child next to him, wiping her red nose.

"See? That's what you get from not sleeping early LIKE I TOLD YOU"

"Now now, brother. The child's ideas went wild, what else could she do? Right, hun?"
Corrina told the watery eyed child as she placed down the soup they'll had for breakfast.

"I made soup so you'll heal up quick honey. Let's eat before it gets cold."

"It's because of the demons"
She mumbled silently to herself after taking a sip of the soup

"You believe no demons, you're an athiest."
Benno deadpanned.

ーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーー

Sorry、 I tried making it better.
I thought about following a schedule so Imma upload the third chapter next week

Thanks for reading n have a good day!!

ー冥 。