A New Beginning

They say a new year is a new beginning, and hope for a better year. That things will change and make way. Is that the case you can make for everybody? Is that something that you can promise to somebody? What if that saying is just a fleeting butterfly, something to admire but never touch for it is agile and so, so far out of reach. It would be like wishing for a miracle to happen; like awaiting the gifts from an imaginary Santa Clause that you've never truly believed in; like the prayer that repeats over and over in your head.

The dark holes with their own highs and lows against you, the unknowing victim. It seems like all you have ever known is inside that hole and for some, they may never know what lies above and beyond the storms and the pitter-patter rains because it is all they were faced with, not knowing a day where the sun and skies would shine bright on them, a day where they can lay down their arms and collapse into the pair of another. But for those who break through and finally start to truly breathe, not gasps but full lunged breaths, it may feel too good to be true, for their nightmares may follow from the depths where they came from - clinging, maybe never letting go.

To feel the ground beneath or the air flowing, the ups and the lows, the dips and the rise - it's a big journey, one after another, chapter after chapter. Losing and Living. Yin and Yang. The light found in the dark and the pits found in hopes. Most of the lot kept going, kept fighting and resting but they kept going nonetheless; some, however, didn't, they can't. It's like one dead end after another and they have to forcefully pull themself up, feeling all alone in a place so full of others. Finally, they could just get tired, they never had the luxury of resting, of being able to have enough time for themself - would you blame them for wanting to go? To leave this world so cruel and cold? Would you understand?

For those who have gotten over their lowest of lows, be understanding, for you may surely understand that you could never know someone's battle and how you may never know what is underneath a mask. For those who felt as though many things may never stop them in their tracks, be compassionate, for you never know somebody's past and their situation, their feelings and their actions. For those who are going through a patch of stubborn mud, you may rest and please seek to find time to do so, even the slimmest and fleeting moments that you think may never matter, do what you can and keep going: take as long as you want but keep living because that is enough, everything else is simply a bonus - good or bad.

Reflect yourself as you would advise others, take matters into your own hands to the best extent that you can - even if that means laying your arms down and resting.