Chapter 1

Years later

It has been thirteen years since that night at Orion's house. Regulus faked his death that night. He burned his entire house down and people believed Regulus Black died that night. His funeral was attended by his weeping mother having lost her child, his anxious father hoping for safety for his two youngest children, his oldest brother, Orion Black, a bit sad for losing his brother but more excited for the muggle village he was going to burn with his fellow death eaters the next day.

There were also his aunt Druella Black, uncle Cygnus Black and two of his four Cousins, Bellatrix and Narcissa who were rather close to him. The other two cousins, like Sirius and Lyra, having run away from their family. 

Unbeknownst to Walburga, the funeral was also attended by Sirius, Lyra, Andromeda, and Cygnus Black IV. Regulus was the most favorite friend and cousin of Cygnus since they both attended Hogwarts together and were cousins born a few months apart. They were also the youngest sons of their family, Cygnus being the only son of Druella and Cygnus Black the 3rd. The four regretted the death of their brother, their blood whom they loved very much. They regretted having lost contact with him after they ran away. 

Although Sirius at times pretended that he did not care about Regulus, he was devastated. He realised what he had in Regulus only after he died. He spent the next few weeks drowning himself in whiskey and remembering how much he loved playing with him and teaching him all sorts of tricks and pranks.

Lyra always had hope, even after running away from her family that she would reunite with her lovely brother one day and she could only cry now that she had lost him forever.

Cygnus, when he heard the news of Regulus' death could not comprehend anything and started throwing things around his house. He hurt his wrist in the process of hitting the walls again and again. He only calmed down when Sirius had to physically restrain him from hurting himself after which he started crying on his shoulders saying again and again how he would do anything to get his brother back. Andromeda, being the oldest of the lot had to control her emotions a great deal. She could not lose herself when her own brother, Cygnus was so devastated and broken. She had to be there for him as she had always been a mother figure for him instead of Druella or the other sisters. It was a sad day for them all for not only did they lose their brother but they also saw their families for the first time in four years since they left them behind. 

Regulus was feeling much the same in the initial days of his escape from England. He wished again and again that he could see his brothers and sisters one last time. He never got a proper goodbye with them and he cried for that. But he had commitments. He had his little sister and he had promised to take care of her.

After burning his house down, he took his sister and apparated to Spain and then from Spain he traveled the muggle way through a flight to Turkey. He changed his name to Regulus Kara and named his sister Nazli Kara. Kara being the word for black in Turkish so he still felt close to his family, his origin. 

It was tough for Regulus. Being a twenty-year-old and taking care of a newborn was a challenge but he was a Slytherin and a Black as well so no challenge was impossible for him. They settled in a small cottage near the woods of a mostly uninhabited part of Turkey. There was not a person for miles around them just like he wanted. Safety was a priority since he did not want the death eaters to know he was still alive. They would kill him in a heartbeat.

They settled into a routine of monotony. He read a great deal. He read both English and Turkish since he needed to learn the language. He read the classics, Russian literature, crime thrillers, whatever he wanted. His favourite kinds of books were of course the ones about families. Happy families to be specific. He wanted what they had. A loving father, a doting mother and some fun siblings. He had none of that and so he did what most people do and read about it.