Chapter 4

The day Orion had dreaded the most had come. His two youngest children were discovered and he could not save them. He could not stop his oldest son, Orion II from attacking Reg.

Orion had been sleeping in his vacation house in Ireland, where he had been living since the death of his wife, Walburga, four years ago. It was in the middle of the night when Orion II came through the fireplace announcing that he had a peculiar news. The death eaters had found Regulus Black alie and well and they were going after him immediately. Before Orion could do anything had disappeared leaving Orion in a state of panic. He had discreetly sent an owl to the Order which he knew Sirius and Lyra were a part of. He had knows how upset they were on Reg's death and he was sure that they would do their best to save Reg.

His heart skipped a beat when his son returned again with Bellatrix to say how they missed Reg and he was only unconscious.

"What's interesting is that little girl crying over Reg. Who was she? I don't think anyone knew her." He said.

Bellatrix cracked a laughter. "Say maybe she's his daughter she said with a wicked smile waving her wand.

"I don't think so"

"Wha.. what are you both talking about. What girl?" stuttered Orion.

"Reg had a little girl with him. A teenager."

"Oh... what happened to her?" asked Orion

"Dumbledore's stupid order of course" Bella said angrily. Orion for the first time in a while felt a little calm. Atleast they were safe. He thought.

It was two in the morning and Naz had not had a wink of sleep. She could not stop thinking about Reg. Her entire life had changed in a matter of minutes.  After few more minutes of tossing and turning, she left her bed altogether to go to her brother. She tip toed her way to the room where he was. He was still unconscious. They said he was hit by a dark spell. She had an idea what that was. Reg had made sure to teach her a little about defence against the dark arts. He wanted her to be safe if ever she had to deal with dark wizards. He knew he could not always be with her. His chest and stomach was covered with black blue bruises. When he was hit by the spell, he had screamed very loudly. Naz could not get that scream out of her head. The healer had said the spell was a very dangerous one and Reg was very strong to have survived that. Naz brought a chair near the bed and slept their peacefully next to her brother.

The house next dag was in a state of panic. They could not find Naz anywhere. She had gone to sleep in the girls room with Myra and Cass but the next morning, when they woke up, they did not see her in the room. They checked the bathrooms, other rooms, balcony, kitchen. The adults at once panicked when they were informed by the kids but Cygnus simply rolled his eyes. These idiots. Of course she was with Reg. Did they not see how upset she was. She had to be with Reg.

"Follow me, you dramatic idiots" he said and started climbing the stairs.

When they reached the room, the saw Naz sleeping on a chair by her brothers bed. She was holding his hand. They were all saddened by the scene. It was clear that Naz was really close to Reg however, they were not ready not to accept the fact that she was his biological sister. It would mean Sirius and Lyra had another sister and even the thought of it was impossible for them. They thought their parents heartless and could not see them having a child so late in life.

Cygnus went to Naz and gently nudged her. "Hey! Wake up" he said. She woke up with a startled expression on her face.

"Is something wrong" she asked sleepily.

"No we were just worried when we could not find you. Did you sleep here last night

"Oh.... I didn't realise. I am really sorry. I didn't mean to worry you. I just could not sleep there.."

"and you were worried about him" Sirius said pointing towards Reg. She nodded.

"You both seem really close" he said.

"Oh yes. We are. We are our only family" she said a  little gloomily. Everyone looked at her a little guiltly.

"You must be hungry. Come with us for breakfast" Lily said wanting to change the subject. She agreed and they all left the room, Naz a little sad for leaving her brother.

At breakfast they were joined by other people. Tonks was here again along with four other strangers. Professor Snape was there with his sulky looks, professor Mcgonagall with her stern yet a little confused expression on seeing Naz and Professor Dumbledore with a comforting smile on his face. Even the three Hogwarts professors were surprised by the situation at hand. They could not imagine Regulus being alive or him having a child since they all knew him in Hogwarts. Professor Snape had known him personally and considered him a equal at potions. He was sad when he heard about his death. He always thought he had great potential and could achieve everything he wanted if he did not have the family he did. He would not admit it but he had a great deal of respect for Reg, not only because of his intelligence but also for his strong personality and mind. He had been through a lot in his younger years and had a terrible family but he never let anyone get him down. Professor Mcgonagall always felt a little bad for Regulus and his loneliness. It was true that he was mostly alone because of his own choice but Mcgonagall wanted him to have what Sirius did too. She wished he could make friends like Sirius did to get away from his family.

Hence the morning was spent in breakfast and chit chat before the adults went to the Order meeting leaving the children alone. Naz was insecure once more. They played wizard chess again and most of them were talking about hogwarts and how excited they were for the next session to start. Naz could not help but be a little curious about how wizarding schools are. She had read about them in books but getting to experience it was something she always wished. She heard them talk about the Hogwarts express, their houses, the feasts and all their fun classes. She imagined what it would feel like to have so many friends and go to a real school.

The adults returned back at about two in the afternoon a bit too excited. Their good friend Mathias Dumbledore was coming back from his spontaneous three week holiday. A holiday which surprised no one since he often went on trips alone and called himself the life of the party. As Naz heard, Mathias was loved very much by everyone. He was everyone's best mate and all the kids favourite uncle.