t a l e t e n - [A Street Filled with Lonely Darkness] pt. 1

It was dark, the gravel road beneath my feet tapping with every step as I ran, towards the only beacon of hope in sight.
A street light was on, but every step towards it seemed to send me further away, so as my breathing came out in spluttered sobs, I bit back at my tears.
It was so painfully quiet, the only noises I could hear coming from myself.
Every time I tried to yell out, I felt my throat swell, making me choke.
I couldn't speak. I couldn't yell for help.
I was all alone.

I was all alone on this street, surrounded by darkness, leaving me trapped and alone.
I couldn't see a foot in front of me, as I sat down, my legs feeling heavy, body aching.
I could just nap here, couldn't I?
I felt sleep take over, as I curled into a ball, the road scratching at my skin, but nevertheless, I fell into a deep, lonely slumber.

Bang Chan had pulled himself into a ball, as he sat under the light.
Every time he had tried to run towards his friends shadow, he was pulled back, chained down by the shadows that locked him in his place.

The light had grown brighter recently, almost nine times as bright as before.
What used to be as weak as a candle light, was now as bright as the sun.
He hoped that meant something.
For the last what seemed like eternity, the darkness had been pulling at him, sucking out his energy like how a leech sucks out blood, leaving him as nothing but an exhausted body.
But his eyes wouldn't shut, and his mind wouldn't rest.
He was trapped awake in this loneliness.

He saw a shadow that was finally getting closer, but he believed his exhaustion was getting the better of him.
As he narrowed his eyes to focus, he could make out Felix's silhouette.
"Felix.." He croaked out, crawling forward.

Only for the light to go out, and drown them in the darkness completely.

Felix felt something hit him in the throat, as he coughed up, suddenly winded as he collapsed, gasping for air.
He felt his throat close up, and as behind his eyelids speckled with white, he felt himself slip out of consciousness.

Bang Chan felt himself get dragged across the harsh gravel stones of the road, cutting into his skin.
He was too tired to fight it, so he let himself be taken away.
He was probably going to die there anyway, and in the worst way possible.

He was going to die alone.

When I awoke, it was still dark, but a single red candle lit up the room in an eerie yellow glow, sending shadows dancing on the walls.
All nine of my friends were unconscious around me.
I crawled towards Seungmin, as he was the closest, tapping him.
"Wake up. Please." I whispered.
That's when I noticed the blood dripping from his ears, as I jumped back.

Seungmin was crawling, as it chased after him.
The same dreaded demon from the dollhouse.
It was in front of him in an instant, as it grabbed at his head, pulling him right into its face.
It smiled, it's teeth dripping with yellow saliva, pooling and melting Seungmin's clothes, burning the surface of his skin.
"How I would love to eat you. But, that's not masters plan, yes. Things must be in order for him to come back. So what I want is your hearing." It spat, moving its head to Seungmin's ears, it's teeth grazing at their surface.

He kicked, but it was no use, as the demon bit down, Seungmin screamed.
All he could hear were the vibrations.
The demon dropped him instantly after that, wiping its mouth.