CHAPTER FIVE: FIX YOU

Ransom watches you walk out of the bar, confused. "Where is she going?"

"Hopefully home." Chase sighs, knowing that running after you is pointless. "Are you always such a dick to the girls you like or is that something special just for her?"

"What do you mean?"

"You're fucking kidding, right? You can't be that stupid."

"She left because of me?"

"Of course she left because of you. You just told her that her personality is a turn off, that every guy finds her unattractive because she is constantly doubting herself, you told her that she's annoying and basically called her an attention whore. Did you seriously think she'd stick around? She's not fishing for compliments, she's not looking for validation and she's not pretending to hate herself just so that people will give her attention. Have you ever thought that maybe she's the way that she is because someone broke her?" Chase is fuming. He should have trusted his gut and kept you away from Ransom instead of letting him get close to you.

"I- I didn't mean to hurt her, I just want her to believe in herself."

"Well you went at it in the worst possible way."

"We should go back to the loft, make sure she gets home ok." Theo speaks quietly, knowing that if he raises his voice he's going to lose his temper.

They all stand up and Ransom stops and points to the gift. "What's this?"

"That's the gift she got you to congratulate you. It probably says it's from all 3 of us, but it's all her." Chase grabs his keys from the table and walks away with Theo following closely and then Ransom not far behind, gift in hand.

You decide to walk a few blocks before getting an Über to take you home, you're too tired to walk that far. As soon as you're in the loft, you aim for your room and shut the door behind you. You hold back the tears for a while longer, giving yourself a little time to change into your PJs but instead of getting into your own bed you go to Chase's room and get under the covers. You close your eyes, no longer able to hold back your tears you let them fall freely. The fact that your eyes are closed doesn't seem to be slowing the tears down in the least.

You've been trying so hard to get better but it seems it wasn't enough. You're so tired of being a burden to everyone, they deserve better. So much better.

Your heart starts pounding in your chest when you hear the door open. You don't want Ransom to see you like this, he's only going to think you're even more pathetic than he already does.

"Princess?" You recognize Chase's voice but don't answer, the others are probably home too. He's probably home too.

It doesn't take longer than 30 seconds before the bedroom door opens and your best friend walks in, closing the door quickly.

"I should have known you were here."

"I'm sorry." You sniffle. "I'll go." You sit up in his bed, wiping your cheeks.

"No, no. Lay back down." He hurries out of his clothes and puts on his pair of sweats and the t-shirt he uses as pjs. He climbs in bed, joining you under the covers and lays on his side to be facing you. His heart breaks at the sight of your tears. He kisses your forehead and pulls you into his chest, cradling the back of your head.

His bedroom door opens and closes again, and Theo is soon laying behind you with his arm thrown over you and holding onto Chase.

"I'm sorry for being such a burden. You guys shouldn't have to deal with my problems. I didn't know I was being annoying, I swear I didn't know." You cry quietly as you speak. "You deserve so much better than me."