CHAPTER EIGHT: BIG BAD WOLF

You've never been a fan of parties, even during college or as a teenager. The loud music and drunk people turn you off and you never stay long, just long enough to get people off your back and then you disappear. Like the last party the guys threw at the loft, you ended up hiding in your room. But there's something special about Halloween that you love. People aren't partying to get drunk and it's actually fun to hang out with everybody, this year even more so because you have a boyfriend that's proud to be seen with you. The few previous men in your life used parties to look at and sleep with other women, another reason as to why you aren't a fan of parties, but tonight is different. Ransom is different. You don't feel nervous, sad or like you need to follow him to make sure he stays in line. Hell, you don't even need to be looking for him because he's never far. He actually enjoys spending time with you and rarely walks away for long periods of time. You don't really have friends aside from your three roommates whereas they have many, you only invited one person and that's Marta. You haven't gotten a chance to really thank her for coming over and taking care of you when you were sick so the least you could do was to invite her to the party. You're glad she's here because you get along really well with her and you're both having a lot of fun.

Ransom wasn't too sure about having Marta over but seeing you now with her, laughing and smiling, he's glad she's here.

After finishing his beer and throwing it away, Ransom comes and stands behind you. He puts his arm around your waist and kisses the back of your head. ''Come dance with me.'' He says close to your ear.

You instinctively lean back into him and cover his forearm with your hands. You turn your head to the side to look at him, chuckling softly. ''Ran, I don't dance.''

''Why not?''

''Because I suck at it.''

''I'm sure that's not true and who cares if you do, I want to dance with you.'' He presses a quick kiss behind your ear.

You sigh and shake your head. ''One song.''

Ransom smiles and takes your hand. ''We'll see.''

You roll your eyes playfully and look at Marta. ''I'll be right back.''

''No, she won't.'' He says as he drags you away.

''I don't know how to dance.''

''It's simple, kitten.'' He places your hands on his shoulders, then pulls you into his chest before resting his hands on your hips to guide you. ''You just follow the rhythm of the song.'' He helps you move until the song ends and lets you move on your own as the next song begins. ''There you go.'' He grins and rests his forehead against yours. ''I'm proud of you.'' He kisses the tip of your nose.

''Because I'm dancing?'' You chuckle.

''Yeah.'' He smiles. ''You're dancing and having fun. Last time there was a party here you went to your room after an hour.'' He laughs.

''I have a feeling that even if I tried to, you wouldn't let me.'' You laugh with him as he nods.

''That's true.'' He smiles. ''I'm not a fan of that lipstick, though.''

''What? Why not? It looks bad?''

''No, no. It looks hot, it's just that I can't kiss you and that's very annoying.''

''Always so dramatic.'' You laugh. ''Want me to go take it off?''

''Yes!'' He quickly says, making you laugh some more.

''Alright, alright.'' You step away from him and turn around to head toward the bathroom, not noticing that Ransom is following you until you feel him take your hand. ''What are you doing?'' You bite the inside of your cheek to keep yourself from laughing again.