CHAPTER SIX: ARE YOU MINE?

Your heart sinks when you hear Ransom's laugh. Of course you jumped the gun, it wouldn't be the first time and probably won't be the last. The laugh is definitely hurtful, a simple no would have sufficed. You try to move away from him but he doesn't budge.

''Let me go, Ransom.''

He shakes his head, still chuckling and flips the two of you around. You find yourself under him, pinned to the mattress. You turn your head to the side to avoid looking at him, hurt by his behavior.

''Of course you're my girl, kitten. What kind of silly question is that?'' He kisses your cheek and the side of your neck in front of him. ''I don't know who the guys before me were but I'm not stupid like them, I'm not letting the perfect girl just passed me by.'' He nuzzles your neck, holding himself up to avoid crushing you under his weight. ''I'm all yours, kitten.''

You relax at his last words. ''You mean that?'' You ask quietly, not daring to look at him.

''Yes.'' He answers without hesitating.

You turn your head to look up at him and find him smiling down at you.

Ransom lowers his head and brushes his nose against yours. ''Are you mine?''

''Yes.'' You whisper almost directly against his lips.

His smile is so wide that it almost hurts his cheeks but he doesn't care. He presses a soft kiss to your lips, enjoying how good just being close to you makes him feel. It's not something he's ever experienced before but he's already addicted. It has nothing to do with how he felt when he wanted someone for a one night stand, it's so much more powerful and not even sexual. He doesn't really know how to describe it aside from being the best feeling in the world and that he doesn't want it to stop. He never thought he'd be the kind of guy to crave intimacy, he's glad he found you.

Ransom breaks off the kiss before he starts trying to get things further and lets himself roll on his back next to you, swiping his tongue across his lips to see if he could taste you.

''You know what would be even better than pretending like nothing is going on?'' He tucks his hand under his head, turning it to look at you.

You turn your head in his direction and smile. ''No, what?''

''If we were all over each other all the time.'' He wiggles his eyebrows, making you laugh. ''I bet they would leave us alone.''

''I have to admit, your plan does sound better than mine.''

''It really, really, really does.'' He winks and strokes your cheek with the back of his index finger. ''I'm gonna go take a shower, why don't you go make some popcorn and then we can watch your horror show?''

You nod. ''Your room?''

''Wherever you want, kitten.'' He gets on top of you to give you one more kiss before getting out of bed. ''I'll be quick.''

You watch him leave your room and sit up, rubbing your hands over your face as you try to stop the smile that's threatening to spread across your lips. You quickly get out of your bed and grab your pillows to take with you. You prefer your room to Ransom's because of how you decorated but his bed is the most comfortable bed you have ever slept in and the mattress is huge.

You walk over to his room and drop your pillows on his bed before going to the kitchen to make some popcorn in the microwave. You wait a little before pressing start, you don't want it to be cold by the time Ransom comes out of the shower. You finally press the button when you stop hearing the water running and you smile at the delicious smell filling the air. You get a plastic bowl from the kitchen cabinets and wait until the timer stops.