Standing Out

A/N I did not proof read this so errors may occur. Thank you! ☺️

Thursday
December 10, 1981
7:13 pm

Anya's POV
Today is the day of the concert, and if I'm being totally honest, I'm nervous. It's crazy, I'm not even the one who's performing, and I'm nervous. I guess it's because I've never been to a concert before, let alone a Prince concert, so I don't know what to expect. For the last hour, I have been running around my mom's house trying to find some decent clothes to wear, but my sister on the other hand is the complete opposite. Imani told me that this was supposed to be a night to get out and enjoy myself, but I couldn't seem to calm my nerves.

What am I going to wear?

I look through the clothes in my closet, not having any luck finding anything I like. I don't have much to work with since I moved all my clothes into my new home. I keep swiping through unappealing articles of clothing until my eyes land on on a beautiful black dress.

I looked in the mirror and applied some mascara finally; I was ready to go

"Anya, it's time to go!" Imani yelled

"Ok, I'm coming!" I yelled back

You got this, Nya, go out and enjoy yourself.

I took a deep breath, grabbed my jacket and walked down the stairs; my sister and mom were smiling at me.

"Anya, you look great!"

"Awww, look at my beautiful babies all grown up." my Mom said.

"Thanks, mom," I said.

"Ok, well, you two have a great time. Stay safe and enjoy the show."

"Thanks Mom. We will," Imani said.

________________

The Omni
8:02 pm

We arrived at, and found our seats just in time before the show had started, and I see everyone in the band except Prince. Just then, he came on from the left side of the stage. Grabbing the mic, he asked the crowd, 'Good evening, Atlanta. How are y'all doing tonight?' The audience went crazy with cheers, applause, and whistles. But I guess he wasn't pleased, so he asked again. 'How are y'all doing tonight, Atlanta?' This time the crowd got louder. 'Now that's what I like to hear!'

 'Now that's what I like to hear!'