Date Night II

A/N please excuse any errors. Thank you! 😁

Friday
December 18, 1981
9:50 pm

Prince's POV
The look on her face worried me. Did I sound desperate? I didn't mean it like that. I better clear this up before it becomes awkward.

"I'm sorry, I-"

"Hey, it's ok. No need to apologize. I'll call my sister but thank you for the offer."

"You're welcome. If you need anything I'm staying at the Holiday Inn Hotel across the street. Room 263."

"Ok, thank you."

"You're welcome."

I stuffed my hands in my pockets and started walking away until I heard Anya's voice. I turned around and she handed me my trench coat.

"Thanks," I said while waving at her but it was too late, she had already walked away.

While walking back to my hotel the only thing on my mind was Anya. Her smile, her chocolate brown eyes, her laughter, and the glow of her skin under the moonlight. She's beautiful!

I pressed the button to call down the elevator. Once the doors opened I stepped inside and pressed the button for my floor. I closed my eyes, feeling tired from tonight's show. The elevator doors opened and I walked out to a small group of fans asking me for autographs. I signed a few records and posters for them.

"Thank you, Prince!" They said in unison

"You're welcome."

I walked into my room and laid out on my bed.

I rolled over and looked up at the ceiling staring at the fan spin

I rolled over and looked up at the ceiling staring at the fan spin. I can't sleep. My adrenaline is still high from the show and my mind is running at 100 miles per hour just thinking about Anya. What is this feeling? Am I in love? I've never felt this way about a girl before, let alone a girl I just met. I grabbed my pillow and placed it under my head, about to sleep. Or so I thought. There was a light knock on my door. You've got to be kidding me! Whoever is at my door better have a good reason for waking me up.

I got out of bed and threw on a shirt while walking to my door. I looked out the peephole to see who it was. Anya. My heart started racing. Why am I acting like this? The knocking continued and I opened the door to see her smiling. Ahhh, her smile is so contagious!

"Hi, Prince." She said

"Hey."

"I umm... I called my sister but she didn't answer the phone, so I was wondering if you could give me a ride home."

"Yeah, I can take you home. Let me grab my keys, I'll be right back."

I ran over to my nightstand, grabbed my keys, and turned off the lamp. I ran back to the door and closed it. Me and Anya walked over to the elevator right outside my suite and I pressed the button to call up the elevator. Once the doors opened we walked in and I pressed the button to go down. I glanced over at Anya, trying to be sly but she saw me looking. You can't blame me though cause she's fine, too fine! The doors opened and she walked out, with me walking right behind her. I opened the front door and we walked outside in the parking lot together.

"This is your car?"

"This is your car?"

"Yeah."

"Ok, I see you, Mr. Rockstar." She said giggling

I couldn't help but laugh too. I unlocked my car and opened the door for her. She got in and I walked over to the driver's side to get in. I put the key in the ignition and backed out of the parking lot and into the street. The car ride was silent, but not an uncomfortable silence. I stopped at the stop light and looked at her. She was looking out the window. I wonder what she's thinking about. I broke the silence and asked her...

"What's on your mind?"

She turned her head and faced me. Boy, aren't those eyes pretty.

"Oh nothing, just admiring the night sky. It's beautiful isn't it?"

I forgot to look up at the moon because I was too busy, too busy looking at you!

"Ah, yes. Yes, it is."

The light turned green and I continued driving. The rest of the car ride was quiet again, except for her navigating me to her home. We made small talk here and there but nothing much and before I knew it we were already in her neighborhood. Pulling into her driveway, I turned off my car and took the key out of the ignition. Anya took off her seatbelt and looked at me. We both looked at each other for a moment before she leaned in towards me. She placed the softest yet most tender kiss on my cheek.

"Thank you for taking me home," she said smiling.

I was too stunned to speak. Did she...did she just kiss me?

"Oh uh, you're welcome."

She placed her hand on the door about to get out but I placed my hand on hers. Stopping her from opening the door.

"Let me get the door for you."

I opened my door and walked around opening her door. She stepped out and I closed the door behind her. I stood by the car watching her walk up the stairs and pulling her keys out of her purse. She turned around and faced me with a smile on her face.

"Prince?"

"Yes."

"Thank you again for taking me home."

"You're welcome."

"How can I return the favor?"

"Give me a call sometime."

She nodded her head and opened the door, walking into her home. I stood here just taking in everything that happened. I still can't believe she kissed me. She really kissed me! I touched my cheek where she kissed me and I could still feel her soft lips on my face.

I know this chapter was shorter than my other chapters. I really couldn't fit anything else into this one but I hope y'all enjoyed it. Do you think Anya is going to call Prince? 🤷🏽‍♀️
.
.
Happy heavenly birthday, Prince! 💜🕊️