Another Lonely Christmas

A/N please excuse any errors. Thank you! 😁

Thursday
December 24, 1981
2:56 pm

Prince's POV
It's been three days since me and Anya last spoke and I want to surprise her for Christmas. I know I told her I would be busy working on finishing this tour, which is true but it wouldn't hurt to take off a day or two while my bandmates are on vacation. So what better way to surprise her than for me to fly out there and visit. I've only got one little problem... I don't know her address. Even after dropping her off at her house that night I can't recall her address and she never gave it to me. How was I supposed to surprise her with no way of knowing where she lived?

Then it hit me...

I need a phone book!

I've spent the majority of my afternoon looking for a phone book to get in touch with her sister but I've had no success.

What's with all these outdated phone books anyway?

My time is ticking and I've got to do something before it's too late. The pressure is getting to me as I constantly wipe the sweat away from my face while I kept scrambling my home for any possible phone books. I jogged down the stairs to my cold and dark garage flipping the light switch, looking once more in dusty boxes until I finally found one.

'Bout time!

I quick flipped through the pages looking for the last names starting with 'W' until I found Willams. Tracing my finger down the page, I found Imani's information. I ran back upstairs quickly grabbing my phone and dialing Imani's number.

————————————————

Imani's POV
While Anya was out buying last minute Christmas gifts for the family, I offered to stay home with Tré. Of course with a two year old you have to keep them out of trouble at all times, so I've decided to watch A Charlie Brown Christmas and bake Christmas cookies with him. It should keep him out of trouble until Anya gets home. I sat Tré on the kitchen counter while I wash my hands and collect all the ingredients I need. Grabbing the milk and butter out of the fridge, the flour from the other kitchen counter and bowls and measuring cups. I started with measuring my flour and sugar, putting it in the bowl. Then adding my milk and melted butter, I didn't get too far before the phone started to ring. I groaned in annoyance of whomever was calling before answering it.

"Hello this is the Williams residence, Imani speaking."

"Hey, Imani. I need a favor from you."

I stopped mixing the ingredients in the bowl. Who the hell is on the other line and why do they sound like they got out of an intense cardio workout? I was reluctant to answer but the other end sounded oddly familiar, I feel like I've heard it before but from who?

"I'm sorry can you remind me who this is?" I say now curious to know who is calling.

"Sorry, I should have introduced myself. It's Prince."

What!

Why is Prince calling and why does he sound out of breath?!

Oh I can't wait to tell Anya this!

"Hey, before you get all excited and start freaking out you have to promise me you won't tell your sister what I'm about to tell you."