Missing Auntie Nat

At her words, Clint wrapped her into a rare hug letting her sob against him.

"Shhhh it's gonna be okay I promise." He whispered into her ear squeezing her as tight as he could. His eyes met with Laura's both of them feeling their hearts break for Kate. Sure Clint hated Eleanor but that didn't change the fact that she was Kate's Mom. "Katie, listen to me." he spoke clearly pulling away from her just enough to look her in the eye "Everything is going to be okay I promise. I am so so sorry that this happened but Laur and I are here to help if you want we can help you find out more information about it." Kate nodded wiping away the tears on her face.

"Why don't you get some rest." Laura cut in "After you get a good night's rest we can talk about it in the morning okay?" Kate nodded clearing her throat

"Thanks." She said softly moving to leave the room. When she left Clint turned to Laura his face filled with despair.

"That poor kid," Clint muttered the rare sight of tears appearing in his eyes. Laura sent him a sad smile

"She's tough she's going to be alright Clint."

Clint nodded "I just don't want to see her get hurt." Laura nodded knowing exactly what he was thinking even if he didn't even realize it himself. He saw Kate just like he saw Natasha. Natasha Romanoff had been a younger sister to him. The two of them had protected each other from everything and Laura knew it hurt him to see how many similarities Nat and Kate shared. Her laugh, her smile, her strong persistent attitude.

"Nat's okay now she's in a very good place."

Clint's face froze "I w-" Laura merely smiled kissing him on the cheek squeezing his hand

"She loved you very much." Clint nodded more tears appearing in his eyes.

"I just miss her so fucking much." Laura wrapped him into a hug letting him break down in front of her.

"She did all this so would be okay. So Cooper and Lila and Nate would all have a happy life. I miss her too but you know this is what she wanted." Clint nodded against her shoulder squeezing her tightly.

"Dad are you alright?" Clint froze at the sound of his daughter's voice. He pulled away from Laura putting a smile on his face for his daughter

"Of course li." he said motioning her over "just missing auntie nat a lot tonight." Lila had been the closest with Nat out of the barton children. She'd admired and followed her around every time she came to visit. Sometimes Clint would find the two of them asleep in Lila's room together.

"I miss her too." Lila said smiling sadly "I talk to her each night before I go to sleep. I told her about Kate and how were all doing." Clint returned her smile wrapping an arm around her 

"Let's get some sleep." He said leading his daughter to her room thoughts of Nat floating away for the moment leaving him with happy thoughts for the night.