A Part Of Our Family

"Pardon my french but what the fuck!!!" Cooper screamed Nate giggling at him.

"Plot twist," Lila muttered underneath her breath.

"You're telling me!" Yelena shot in "I thought Natasha would have a smarter daughter." Laura instinctively shot Yelena a look feeling suddenly protective over Kate. She knew that since Nat wasn't around anymore she'd want Laura and Clint to protect Kate just as Natasha had done for Cooper, Lila, and Nate.

"Why did Auntie Nat never tell us, Mom?" Lila asked betrayal evident in her voice. Auntie Nat had known everything about Lila. What she liked to do, who her friends were, who she didn't really like, and who she was crushing on. And it hurt not knowing something like this about someone she was so close to.

"Auntie Nat and Kate were separated when Kate was a baby." Laura explained making sure to keep a sweet tone for Nate "She didn't know if Kate was still alive when she met you guys so she didn't want to stress you guys out." The three of them nodded knowingly Lila deep in thought.

"Auntie Nat would've wanted us to treat Kate like a big sister," Nate spoke up for the first time. Cooper nodded in agreement

"Yeah, she'd want us to let her be a part of our family." Lila finally spoke locking eyes with her Mother 

"Just like Auntie Nat was part of our family." It was at that moment Laura felt tears rolling down her face. It broke her to see how much Lila looked like Clint. How much she acted like him. She didn't want her to get hurt the same way Clint did.

"Auntie Nat would be so proud of all of you." Laura choked out reaching out to squeeze Nate's hand.

"We know Mommy," Nate said smiling softly. Laura felt her heart soften for someone else then too. For Yelena. Maybe all she needed was a family too? People, to support her? Natasha would've wanted them to be close with her sister.

"Yelena?" Laura asked as her head swiveled to the back.

"Yes, Mrs. Barton?" Yelena questioned her eyes meeting hers instantly.

"Call me Laura honey." She said instinctively using a pet name "I was wondering what you were planning on doing after this trip?"

Yelena shrugged her shoulders "There's still so much that needs to be done in the world, Laura. I need to finish what my older sister started. The fight for justice. A few weeks ago Kate and I received an email from Sam Wilson, Riri Williams, Bucky Barnes, and Wanda Maximoff asking Kate and me to join the newfound avengers and I think I'd be kind of an idiot to reject." Laura felt her heart clench up. This was news to her. It probably was to Clint too. As soon as they'd found Nat's baby she was leaving again. Off to live her own life.

"Well, you're always welcome here!" Laura said with fake enthusiasm as the happiness suddenly drained from her and the kids.

"Thank you, Mrs. Barton," Yelena responded her eyes turning back to the window refusing to let anyone see the singular tear that dripped down her face. But Lila saw. Lila saw it all.