3

"(Y/n)..." a voice sounded through the doors of the darkened quarters.

Knock knock knock...

"Are you in there (Y/n)?" Another voice asked.

The figure in the quarters made no movement in response.

"Maybe she's out in the fields..."

KNOCK KNOCK

"(Y/N)!!" The first voice called, the doors muting their raised volume, "If you're in there, then... then— then come out! Let's help you, please! We know you're hurting right now, and we want to help you... we all care about you and can't bear seeing you like this. Please..."

The figure in the room blinked tiredly. She remained silent.

"...Let's give her some more time..."

The voices faded with the slow rhythm of footsteps.

It hadn't been easy since my injury.

Although it was one event that happened early on in my journey, the stress of the continuation is what I found a bit more difficult. Not difficult to handle, but just more difficult.

The overwhelming thought of what would happen after I quell the nobles would come up in my mind more times than I'd like, but it's impossible to ignore because my job pretty much revolves around that.

'Help me with this!'

'Help me with that!'

'Your skills will help us!'

'Help us with the nobles!'

'No— don't help us with the nobles!'

Each task just means that I'm closer to the answer of the space-time rift, and if I'm being honest, I kind of don't want to confront it yet.

The last noble I quelled before my injury was Noble Electrode, so although I should be more worried about my state and getting better, I was focused on the postponed date of the quelling of the last frenzied noble.

I felt the morning sun's rays shining through the window of my quarters from where I laid, disrupting my thoughts.

I had woken up early this morning to an uncomfortable cramp on my back and after adjusting myself to a better position I couldn't fall into that peaceful slumber again. I was set to take my bandages off today, but it still didn't mean that I could be fully active and moving yet.

Just rest and relax, they ordered. I'm not complaining.

Occasionally someone would come visit and I love the company. Rei would come in with some potato mochi in hand while Akari would come in with even more mochi. Even Commander Kamado and Captain Cyllene showed up once to wish me well and to heal up quickly, and honestly, I couldn't help but feel a little shy in front of them. Volo visited when he could, and every time he set his things down by the entrance he would always say the same thing:

"I'm sorry for not visiting you, I do hope I can make it up in some way."

And I would reply with:

"You only had to visit once to make me feel all the better."

He'd take off his boots and come over to where I rested and hand me a gift. A different one every time— he'd gift me supplies for my excursions, snacks, recipes so I could expand my crafting knowledge, flowers from the last area where he actually had to work at.

He was very sweet for that.

A sudden knock on my door startled me from my thoughts before they could continue focusing on that certain individual.