𝟏

𝐖𝐑𝐎𝐍𝐆𝐒

༺ 𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐆𝐎, 𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐎𝐈𝐒 ༻
ᴍᴏɴᴅᴀʏ, ᴅᴇᴄᴇᴍʙᴇʀ 𝟼ᴛʜ
𝟻:𝟹𝟶 ᴘᴍ

𝘯𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘩 𝘤𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘢𝘨𝘰

✿•˖*...CHICAGO'S FROSTY, CHILLY BREEZE kissed your burnt up cheeks as you ran. your fingers were so numb, you thought they would fall off any second by now. the sky was almost darkening and it was all because of mother nature's early bedtime. thanks daylight savings.

"shit bruh!" a voice echoed far behind you. you slowed down on your running and spun around to gaze at your friend who clearly failed at catching up to you. you laughed when their hands went on their knees to catch their breath.

"c'mon connie," you walked up to him, noticing how heavy he was breathing when you visioned the clouded fogs escaping from his lips and into the air. connie got back up and exhaled one last time when he finally caught his breath.

"aight, leh go," he said softly and gestured his head with a nod. you both got right back into running. all day, you and connie were out all day just driving in the city instead of being inside the school building, learning like students.

you were in the mood to just say fuck it and dip. connie being your only, supportive companion decided to tag along with you. not jailyn though, your other best friend, she was the goody two shoes and refused to have her spot as class president be deducted.

you and connie didn't care about anything in the world. thats what made you guys so compatible, platonically. yeah, in certain situations life needed to be taken seriously and you got that. but living at your free will, had you in a chokehold.

you climbed over a fence that wasn't too short or too tall. connie helped you hop over, his hands grasping your lower part of your body to push you up. once the both of you were landed on your feet on the other side of the fence, you two ran to your car that was parked in the empty, mysterious parking lot.

"coach might tussle wimme when i show up," connie's voice was shaky from the cold temperature, his breath was the only thing that was warm. he breathed against his cupped hands and rubbed them together. you buckled your seatbelts and leaned your body over to see where you were putting your key into because of how dark it was.

"nobody told yo' badass to come wimme," you grinned as you looked back after turning on the ignition. connie pulled down your dashboard compartment to pull out what looked like a ziploc bag of the leftover weed he left.

"and leave you alone? ¿por qué te haría eso chica? why would i do that to you girl?" connie mirrored the same playful grin that you had on your face, slowly gliding the ziploc bag open to catch a quick whiff of the marijuana aroma. his sweet talk was coated with honey but his voice was scratched with hoarseness, smooth raspiness.

you pulled out of the parking lot speedingly and drove back to the place you often viewed as prison. north chicago high. it wasn't your favorite place on earth for obvious reasons: the people in it.

you hated them.

and as cringy as it sounds, you were a loner. that's what you were, alongside connie. jailyn use to be a loner with you and connie until she started dating her current girlfriend, amoni....which involved being around the well known kids.