♡ small town charm - 001.

"I THINK I'LL TAKE A WALK
AND TELL HER IF SHE'S HOME..."

˚﹕﹒˚﹕﹒˚﹕﹒˚﹕﹒ ˚﹕﹒

matthew, klitz, and eli were a fucking tripod. at least, that's what eli would say. it wasn't really a surprise or a big secret to anyone that they were close friends, hell, you could just tell by glancing at them in the hall.

this became obviously apparent as the trio entered the gym for an assembly. while they walked through the large room, a banner hung from the ceiling that advertised prom. it had a corny message in bold lettering that read:
'SENIOR PROM
DO YOU HAVE THE FEVER?'

matthew looked up at the banner, reading it for a moment, before looking towards klitz.
"do you have the fever?" he questioned the boy in glasses. "no." klitz answered bluntly. "why, do you?" matt continued looking straight as he walked. "i don't know, maybe." he then turned his attention to eli. "how about you?"

"i just gotta fuck something."

the three of them continued walking until they reached their seats, and matthew went to stand by the principal.

around 5-10 minutes passed and some jock was up there yelling about prom and getting wasted. something along the lines of security being tight. eventually, the principal snatched the mic from the boy and turned the attention over to the student council president himself.

very awkward and light applause from klitz and eli followed as the mic was handed to matthew. he walked a little towards the stands and spoke. "alright, how're you doin?" more awkward applause ensued as the mic screeched slightly. "okay uhh, let's start off with operation 'get samnang'." he offered, earning a positive response from some guy in the crowd, leading to better clapping than earlier.

he went on to talk about samnang for a little bit before playing the tape he sent. after more and more applause and vulgar comments, the assembly was finished.

。 o ♡

the boys stood and watched as a group of kids in their grade went to skip off campus. klitz was the first to speak. "how do they just skip class everyday and go to the beach?" "cause they just don't care." matthew leaned on the window with his palm for support. he watched the group, almost enviously.

"let's go with them" he excitedly turned back to his two friends. "seriously, let's just do it."
"...why?" "because i mean, we never do anything. we're graduating- we should be going nuts right now. let's just do something." matthew pleaded as he attempted to reason with klitz. "i am doing something," klitz responded in a slightly confused tone. "i'm going to class." matthew sighed. "klitz, you already got into yale, i mean, it doesn't matter anymore!" "yeah klitz, you pussy" eli joined in.

"well why don't you go?" klitz questioned accusingly. "yeah, cmon let's go." matthew gave eli's shoulder a pat. "tssss, beach is for fags, matt." he shrugged. "the beach is for fags?" "yeah." "you know what? you guys are fags." matthew said as he walked away from the interaction alone.

now, matthew did try to go to the beach. really, he did. but naturally, his mind went to the worst possible scenario, so he opted for going home instead.