Chapter 12: Sandaime

"That's not good."

Konoha's forces had been fighting admirably in every site of the battle, their contingency plans had reduced the civilian losses to a minimum and everything seemed to be going in their favor...

So far.

The Hokage had warned Ibiki that Orochimaru might use his snake summons to aid in the fight against the village, they didn't anticipate that he wouldn't be personally doing the summoning, however.

Apparently, the treacherous Sanin had the foresight of preparing multiple summoning scrolls for multiple giant snakes that were now crushing Konoha's forces and infrastructure, definitely not something they had predicted. They were losing a lot of shinobi fighting the summons, definitely not good.

"Hold the line! We can't allow them to go any further." Ibiki wasn't feeling very optimistic all of a sudden, giving out orders he knew were incredibly hard to follow. Fighting a force of invading ninjas plus a battalion of hungry and blood-thirsty snakes is something few people are capable of.

Luckily for them, one of those few people arrived just in time.

Kuchiyose: Yatai Kuzushi no Jutsu!

In the air a giant light-blue toad with a sword strapped to its back and a white-haired man standing on its head appeared and fell right on top of two of the snakes with immense force limiting their movements and finishing them off with a quick slash of its blade, beheading them both.

Three more snakes were summoned on the battlefield by Orochimaru's forces but were crushed under the weight of a different toad, this one of red color and a pipe Jiraiya was all too familiar with.

Jumping from one toad to another, Jiraiya landed right on top of Gamabunta's head and said, "I did say I would be giving you a little work didn't I, Bunta?"

The boss toad huffed in annoyance as he watched more snakes being summoned in front of him and his greatly perverted summoner. "Yes Jiraiya, you did."

"Jiraiya-sama!" Said Ibiki as he landed on top of Gamabunta's head and stood right beside the legendary man. "Your assistance is appreciated but, shouldn't you be aiding Hokage-sama?"

Jiraiya looked down and sighed as an air of defeat surrounded him, "No Ibiki, this is where I'm supposed to be." He still didn't agree with the orders that had been given to him by his sensei but knew there was nothing that could be done, he was first and foremost a soldier under his command, and following orders was his duty.

"Jiraiya, where is the boy?" Asked the boss of the toads, changing the topic of conversation as he stared the snakes down.

"His fight is...," Jiraiya sighed as he looked into the distance with a worried look on his face, "somewhere else."

Forests outside Konoha

"Uzumaki-san..." The ANBU and Genin pair had been following the escaping Gaara and his sibling for quite some time now in painful silence, at least for Naruto. "It would be best that you tell me about the nature of your suppressing jutsu so that we may plan accordingly."

The young Uzumaki sighed as he took in his surroundings and appreciated the view. Maybe it wasn't the best time to relax and breathe some fresh air but he still did.

"Kongo fusa... it's an Uzumaki Kekkei Genkai, I can create chains of chakra that do a lot of stuff, suppressing chakra is just one of the things that I can do."

Tora hummed and brought his hand to his chin in thought, in theory, it didn't sound all that different from the famous Mokuton jutsu he himself was capable of. "You said one of the things, may I ask what else you can do?"