•TWELVE•

Yuri's POV

Yuri's POV

I tossed and turned in the bed, my hands covering my arms to shield myself from the chill of the room. my nightmares would come back if I didn't wake up. I kept on reminding myself that this wasn't a safe place, this wasn't a place where I could be too vulnerable.

I tiredly ran my fingers through my bedhead, opening one eye to glimpse at the digital clock glowing at me.

10:24am.

I closed my eye again, adjusting myself to the comfort of the warm bed,
and searching blindly for the blanket that was nowhere to be found. I was freezing because the air conditioner was on.

I grumbled incoherently, and turned on my other side to catch a few more minutes of sleep before I decided to finally wake up. yesterday had totally drained me out, walking through such difficult terrain was straining on my body.

I blindly reached my hand out to grasp the blanket again, but I felt something else...like a shirt or-

opening my eyes, I immediately let go. unknowingly, I was tugging on Choi's shirt. of course he hogged all of the blanket, what else did I expect.

I grabbed the blanket from my partner who was blissfully asleep, snoring softly with an arm draped over my waist.

why was he touching me.

the pull from the fabric stirred him a little, making him latch onto me tighter, seeking warmth. he snuggled his face gently against my chest.

I was wide awake now...and panicking. panicking because the events of last night entered my mind. I covered my mouth, tapping my lips with the tips of my fingers, "nope," I forcefully pulled the rest of the blanket from him, "nope nope nope nope-"

this wasn't happening, this couldn't be happening! was I so tired that I ended up kissing him again?! what else were we expected to do now?? well, there's no way I was going to have sex with him. nope.

he shielded his eyes from the glare of the window. his shirt was slipping off his shoulders, "what-what the fuck?" his voice was hoarse.

I grasped the sheets, waiting for him to fully rise so that I could officially kill him, but then I felt a sharp object on my ring finger, "holy shit you actually bought me a ring," I dropped the blanket to lift my hand in the air, watching the way it glinted in the morning light, "I thought it was a dream..."

he stretched his arms and yawned, "it wasn't a dream. it was real-" he was stopped by my fist on his shoulder. it was a soft hit, but it was still a hit that awoke him enough for him to gape at me, "you...you..." I said as I pointed a finger at him.