|08| friend and foe

"Did anyone followed you?" Joy asks the terrified girl

"Did anyone followed you?" Joy asks the terrified girl. The blonde immediately shakes her head and replies.

"No one did."

Joy mouthed a 'great' at Rosé. Jungkook closes the door and walks towards the group facing each other at the middle of the empty classroom.

"Where is Jisoo?" Jungkook questions after he notices one of them is missing.

"Home. She is sick." Taehyung replies shortly.

"So what were you saying?" Irene asks Taehyung who sat against a desk. He sighs, completely frustrated. The sunlight arriving from the big window, illuminated the whole classroom. The five teenagers stood in a circle, all of them facing Taehyung.

"It might sound very weird, strange and maybe scary too." Taehyung started to explain. Everyone silently waits for Taehyung to open his mouth and say something. An unwanted suspense is created around them. A mixed feeling of anxiety and frustration crawls upto Rosé's chest as she tries to make the feeling go away by gulping down her saliva.

"Ruby messeged me last night." Taehyung finally said what he wanted to say for so long. All of their eyes widened and Rosé gasps.

"How can a dead girl send you messages?" Rosé questions not believing what Taehyung said at all. "You are wrong. This can't be true." She utters out almost in tears. Jungkook hesitantly touches her shoulder to calm her down.

"I am not. She did sent me a messege." Taehyung sounded too convinced. Irene's heart starts to race like crazy, she doesn't know if she should believe those words. Taehyung must be joking, she thought but the serious look on Taehyung's face said something else.

Taehyung isn't the type
of person to joke.

"Someone must be pranking you or something." Joy claims looking completely unbothered. "We shouldn't let these things affect us and we definitely shouldn't meet like this."

"What if she came back?" Rosé asks in a shaking voice. She was tearing up. "I told you, it was a wrong idea." She turn towards Irene.

"Calm down jeez." Joy roll her eyes.

"Someone must have saw us.." Irene said looking paranoid. Her eyes were widened and she was sweating.

"Someone is pranking us. Someone has her Instagram account." Jungkook uttered in a loud voice for everyone to hear. "Someone is setting us up."

"Exactly and for the first time I agree with something you said Jeon." Taehyung fakes a smile. Jungkook scoffs at the raven haired. "And that is exactly why I don't trust anyone of you."

Irene gazes up at the boy with curiosity. "What do you mean by that?"

"Everyone present in this room have some kind of beef with each other." Taehyung answered. "It won't be surprising if one of us is pretending to be Ruby here."

"So you mean.. we have an imposter here?" Joy raises her left eyebrow and folds her arms.

"Not just an imposter. One of us probably killed Ruby too." Taehyung's voice became darker and comes out almost like an whisper. "So I trust none of you."

A chuckle leaves Jungkook's lips. "And what if that killer is you?" Taehyung lifts his left eyebrow up as he glares at Jungkook. His eyes pierced through him.

"We all know, you can do anything for your sister, even kill someone if you need to." Jungkook continued with a smirk on his face. Taehyung scoffed at him. "The leaked video could lead your sister to jail, maybe that is why you killed Ruby and now you are trying to frame one of us.."

"I am not a freaking drug addict like you are so don't worry I don't lose my shit over things like these." Everyone's eyes widens at Taehyung remark. Jungkook's smirk washes away and he gives the raven haired a disgusting look.

Jungkook steps towards Taehyung and was about clap back when a hand hesitantly grabbed his. He looked back at his hand and looks up at the person who held him. His eyes meet Rosé's as the girl shakes her head to stop him.

"Please don't fight." She pleaded in a sweat yet sad voice. Jungkook stares at her for a few seconds before nodding his head. He lets out a blow of wind to cool himself down.

"I have an idea." Jungkook says grabbing everyone's attention. He deeply breathes in before letting out. "We can only deal with this if we trust each other, if we know each other well without any secrets. We cannot do this alone."

"He is right." Irene approves and Taehyung goes silent. All of them seems to agree with whatever Jungkook just explained now. Taehyung examimes the situation before giving up.

"And how can we trust each other exactly?" He asks.

"By working with each other dumbass. We literally hid a big murder case with the help of each other, I can't believe that you still cannot trust us." Joy lashes out only to get no reaction back from the boy.

Irene gives off an relieved breathe before smiling finally. "So what are we supposed to do?"

"Find out who is after us." Jungkook answers. "And prove that you are not a foe."

•••

Taehyung closes his locker, the conversion he had with the 'Ruby Squad' kept ringing in his mind. Ruby Squad is what he named this group in his mind. After all Ruby is the reason why he got close to them at the first place.

"Tae?"

Could it be Jungkook? No, not Jungkook. Jungkook is a closet coward who would never risk it. Is it Rosé? No she is crybaby? For some reasons he only suspects Irene and Joy in the group. They do have many reasons to kill Ruby. But another mystery has arrived now, who is messing with them?

"Are you even listening?"

Taehyung's Sherlock Holmes moment is interrupted with a familiar female voice. He turns around and locks his eyes with hers. She gives him a smile while chuckling. All of his tensions immediately vanishes away cause of that smile.

"I am sorry, were you saying something?" He asks and smiles at her. At the same time, Irene and Joy exits a classroom. Irene halts when her eyes land on the couple. Her eyes immediately feels up with sadness and insecurities. Love hurts but obsession hurts more.

Taehyung is her obsession, ever since she was in middle school. She has always dreamt of herself as the Cinderella and Taehyung as her prince Charming.

And she is not letting some girl named Jennie Kim take him away from her.