Chapter 9

The sun has set, and everyone in the city always went home before dark. Joshua brought Jeonghan home in the afternoon, now feeling better. A part of his fast recovery was credited to his secret superpower, which made Joshua mutter his wishes for Jeonghan to die earlier than him.

"Hey Shua, why don't we call for the boys over for dinner later? I wanna see them!" Jeonghan whined like a small child on the couch, fully wrapped up with his blanket.

Joshua texted everyone in their group chat. "Hmmm, sure. I'll ask Mingyu for groceries. Let's all eat healthy tonight."

Jeonghan pouted and continues to whine. "Ehhh! But I want some take-out."

"No." He sternly answered Jeonghan, glaring at the childish blonde man on the couch. "The boys will take a while to come here, so get into your room and rest for a bit, okay?" Jeonghan groand at the background, making Joshua smirk in victory.

Not long later, Mingyu knocks on the door. "Hyung, I got some good hot dumpling soup made, so let us in 제발요 (please)."

"The door's open, you can come in."

The door of the house was opened by Vernon, letting Mingyu in first since he was carrying two full bags of food, followed by Hoshi and Myungho.

Mingyu went straight to the kitchen, seeing Joshua setting the table, like almost, mindlessly. "Shua-hyung, where do you keep your bowls?"

"Check that cabinet under the counter," he answered with tiredness on his voice.

Mingyu opened the said cabinet, "but these are all plates."

"Oh? Is that so?" Joshua finishes the table first before finding the bowls for Mingyu.

"Hyung. Why don't you join Hansol and Myungho at the living room? I'll call Hoshi for help."

"No, it's alright. Everything is... fine." Joshua's voice lowered as he finished talking.

"Wow, Shua-hyung. You really worked hard today. We don't need another sick twin, so go out there and rest. Hoshi, come here and help!" Joshua has no plans of going out, so Mingyu told Hoshi to push him out of the place.

Minutes of silence in the kitchen passed by and only the clanking sound of kitchenware and hushed tones in the living room were the sound Hoshi and Mingyu could hear.

Jeonghan's bedroom door opened by Jeonghan himself, his hair standing and messy and mouth let out a yawn.

"어 (Oh)? You're all here?"

"Yup, alive and ready to kick that stubborn head of yours," Myungho casually replied while playing games with Hansol.

"Oh no! I don't think you can cuz the food is ready!" Hoshi said, really happy to start eating.

When the two friends and business partners moved into their own house, they purposely bought a huge rectangular table for everyone of them to fit. They were in their usual places, but there was this gloomy atmosphere coming from the two oldest men. In attempt to at least lighten up the mood, Hansol made his move to start a conversation.

"Uhm, hyung... how was your day?"

Hoshi perked up, ready to start his story. "Ooh, ooh! The choreography started really well. But when I went to the convenience store for break, I met this small boy wearing black overall. Gosh, he was so rude and nasty! And he even tried to prove he is older than me, turns out that we are in the same age but he's younger in months, hahaha!"

Joshua got frozen for a moment there while Jeonghan continued to eat while listening attentively.

"Huh? Guess I'm lucky today. I when we met the new manager, I also met his friend which turned out to be the author me and Myungho were following, Jeon Wonwoo."