Mesmerized

Tia paced back and forth as the policed banged on the door, yelling at her to come outside. Someone called the cops on her after they seen what Ed had did to her. She didn't check on him or to see if he was breathing after she hit him in the head with a kids toy. She was tired of him taking his anger out on her every time he came off his high. 8 Long years of him beating her ass. She knew he was no good for her but no matter how good the crack was he was the real addiction for her. 

"Tia baby come open the door it's Officer Grey. We have several witnesses that's willing to help you. They saw what Edward did to you Tee just open the door let us see how bad it is" 

Officer Grey whispered through the door. On the other side she was with her partner Officer Elm and a few other officers for backup. Officer Grey motioned for the officers to lower their weapons because she knew Tia was not a threat. It was Ed she was concerned about. It's been several times they came here and he had Tia locked up in the house. By time he would stop resisting, she was telling them not to press charges. Beaten up. Bloodied nose. Busted Lips and swollen eyes is what they would see every time. She always stayed still. Even though Tia never pressed charges they still had to book Ed for disruption and simple assault. Tia looked down at Ed who laid on the floor , blood gushing out his head from the kids Whack  A Mole toy she hit him with. She thought she turned the toy so the pointy part wouldn't hit him but all she remember was blacking out. Tia walked towards the door tip toeing around Ed's body. 

" I hit him Kimberly" I hit him pretty hard. he wouldn't stop hitting me. i ha.. " Tia looked down at Ed's body and started to cry. 

" I don't know if he's dead Kim." Tia dropped to her knees and started to cry more. Officer Grey looked over at her partner and told her to watch out for a second. She didn't know what she was leading her team into because this time circumstances was different. 

" Elm call for a buss for a possible 140." Officer Grey  looked down with saddened eyes hoping she wouldn't have to lock Tia up for murder. 

" Ok Tee this is what we are going to you ok, you hear me in there" Officer Grey said in a calming tone.

 Tia reach for the knob and turned back around and noticed Ed's leg started to move. 

"uhhh Kim he's moving Kim please." Tia yelled out rattling at the door handle but her hands was covered in blood making it hard to grip. Officer Grey shook at the handle and it was locked.

"Ok tee back up for me i'm going try to buss it open ok so ju...."

"LETTTTT GOOOOOOOOOO OF MY LEGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG" Tia yelled out kicking Ed in the face and hand as he tried to grab he leg. She stepped over him and opened the lock as Officer Grey threw her body against the door. She drew her weapon trying to scope the scene and noticed it was a mess in there. Blood everywhere. Ed was on the ground trying to pick his self up. 

"Hey try to stay down medical attention is coming very soon ok?" Officer Elm said trying to get Ed comfortable on the ground. The other officers swarmed the place shouting at each other to watch out for weapons and drugs. Officer Elm knew what type of person Tia could be when she was high but tonight was different she was terrified. Officer Grey  examined Ed on the floor and she knew she would never reveal this to her colleagues but she was glad Tia finally let him have it. Ed was moaning on the ground in a daze but woke enough to know what was going on. He tried to sit up but the officers advised him to remain laying down. Tia stood watching everything unfold from behind the door. She looked up at Officer Elm and her face sadden as she followed her eyes examining her face and her body. Tia knew she could do better but she didn't want to. Through her swollen eyes was tears she held. Not for her self but for Ed. Her heart felt broken as he laid on the ground excruciating in pain. She wondered if he would forgive her. She loved him. The EMTs lifted him onto the stretcher and one nurse walked over to try to treat her eye.