Electrical Impulses

For some reason all around the city there were chunks of land left floating in the sky. Jay and Nya knew why and Cole kinda got the picture but both of them were shaken up by whoever that fought so he didn't press. Plus the islands were pretty cool they were like tiny islands over Ninjago.

And that's where he found him. A quick call to Nya had revealed that the islands were a place that Jay went too whenever he was upset. Something he wishes Jay had been comfortable enough to tell him himself but he knew that Jay was always more open with emotions to certain people and Nya was one of them.

In retrospect it made sense, the floating islands were close to the sky and therefore closer to Jay's element not to mention they probably reminded him of the floating ruins where lightning was most common in all of ninjago. That didn't matter right now though because after a scan for any traces of electrical signals they had found a particularly special island.

And so Cole had been jumping from chunk to chunk to get there.

Finally out of the clouds a bigger piece appeared and on it was a figure hunched over in the dark of the night.

There was nothing around for miles so it made sense that he could hear the soft crying as he walked closer.

He was only a few feet from the white haired ninja when he caught his foot on something. He looked at the foreign object that had been cast aside. Vengestone? Why would Jay have-

"What are you doing here Cole?" Jay finally spat out venomously and Cole almost winced at his tone.

"Looking for you, you kinda blipped out on me back there."

"Yeah... I seem to be doing a lot of that lately." Jay stood but still didn't turn to face him.

"Go back to the monastery Cole, you belong there."

Now that caught him off guard.

"You act like you aren't coming back with me." Cole said with a light tone but the tilt in his voice betrayed him.

He knew what Jay was saying. He wasn't gonna believe it though. He wasn't gonna accept it.

"I'm not. The monastery is meant for the protectors of ninjago. For all of those who would give their lives to save those who can't. And me? I definitely can't."

"Jay what are you talking about of course you can-" he tried to grab Jay's arm but was met with a violent shock that he wasn't prepared for.

It wasn't the pain as much as it was the surprise as he's thrown back tripping over the vengestone piece that was left on the ground. And dangling off the edge of the island thousands of feet in the air.

Seems like Jay was surprised too because the lightning master whipped around to look at him with pure fear.

Jay's eyes... They weren't normal. They were still glowing like earlier not as bright. Rather than normal eyes his were all white with faded purple irises. Even his pupils had vanished behind a curtain of energy that he didn't seem to be controlling.

"Control, yeah I know everything seems to be out of control with me lately doesn't it?"

Cole, as he was pulling himself back up froze "how did you-"

Jay snorted and giggled but it didn't sound the way it did when he was actually happy this was a sad laugh. This was a laugh that sounded condescending and full of hurt.

"You know all your thoughts are just electrical signals in your brain right?"

Cole went beet red and Jay laughed again. "Don't worry it's like you said- or I guess thought? I'm not really in control right now am I?"