CHAPTER 1

FRIDAY
SEPTEMBER 15TH
1985

Nova Lilly Potter knew many things. She knew that the year had 365 days, that there were twelve months in the year. She also knew that she was a freak and that her parents had abandoned her. She knew she was unlovable.

At first she had tried. She hadn't realized she was different. She hadn't known that the reason all her clothes were handed down was because she was different. She thought it was normal that her aunt only ever held her cousin.

She still remembers the last time she cried. She had tried reaching for her aunt, calling her mom.

That day marked the first time she was locked in her cubbort room. The fist of many nights she would go hungry.

Nova Potter had tried to be good. She had cleaned until her hands bled. She didn't complain when she was left without food for days on time. She didn't make a sound when her uncle hit her with his belt. She learned not to cry. Not to make a sound. To be unnoticed.

Nova often had dreams. In her dreams she would be held by a man with eyes much like her own. He called her Lea. She liked that name. He would spin her around, ruffling her hair. In another a blond woman was weaving her hair into a crown adorned with flowers of all kind. Sometimes she was held by a woman with flames for hair, who told her she was loved. Her dreams made her feel safe.

She also dreamt of a green light. She didn't like that dream.

The first time Nova made something strange happen, she knew she had messed up. She had tried using the stove for the first time. She was barely able to see over the counter top. She had pushed herself on a chair, so she could see better, when her cousin had pushed the chair over, causing her to fall.

Unfortunately she had held a porcelain plate in her hand. Before the plate had reached the ground and shattered, it had floated up. Nova went without a meal for 4 days.

The next time she was to cook, her aunt stood next to her, watching her every move. She was told that the supervision was to make sure she didn't mess up.

Nova knew it was to make sure she didn't do anything freaky. Nova also learned that supervion didn't just mean watching. No, it meant sending snide remarks her way, intentionally sending her up for failure.

Nova quickly learned she prefered her aunt watching her. The first time unlce Vernon had watched her cook she had been to nervous to probably concentrate on the omelet that was frying in the pan, which made her burn it.

As punishment Vernon had taken her hand and held it down into the ever burning flame.
She couldn't move her hand for a week.

The next time Nova was locked into her cubort, she decided this time would be different. Vernon had burned her favorite (and only) book in front of her because she had accidentally set a letter aflame.

As she sat down on the dirty mattress she concentrated on the feeling of warmth in her chest, that blossomed in her chest when she had accidentally set the letter aflame.

At first it was barely there, a small flicker, nothing more than a spark. She tried to hold onto that feeling, calling it forth, until it started to fill her.
She would be victories.

Weekly updates:)
Coming every Monday<3
Pls comment and vote:)
Apollo will be introduced in one of the next chapters