1 ✍︎︎

authors note~ Look this is probably the corniest thing you'll see but this is my first time writing something like this so there will be mistakes. If you end up reading this entire chapter feel free to leave any constructive criticism please 😁 ( also the main plot wont start until a couple of chapters later but it wont take long i promise. This is just some life before the main stuff happens i guess? Anyways.. Enjoy <333)

Desiree's POV
—————————————————————————
RING RING RING

"Pencils down everyone!"

Soon the sound of papers being passed up filled my ears. The clacking of pencils and sighs of relief followed behind.

"its finally over huh?"

"I totally bombed this exam."

"I'm surprised I made it this far."

I feel a tap on my shoulder, i turn around and a whiff of strawberries and creme hit my face.

"WE DID IT!"

i choke at the sudden sweet scent, opposite of our musty smelling classroom. PE was last period..

"Of course we did it, its us after all." I say confidently yet i can't help but be nervous about the college exams. I've studied my ass off these pass few weeks, so hopefully my hard work won't fail me.

"We should go out to celebrate, I'm inviting a couple of people from school that includes you." Arya says putting emphasis in her statement.

"Fine.." i groan out.

It's not that I don't like parties or anything, i just planned on spending my evening finishing up this novel i'm reading.

"Great!" Arya says glancing at her phone. "Shoot!" she quickly grabbed her things and saw herself out.

"I'll text you the details later, cya!" she exclaims while waving

I wave back at her assuming that class is almost over. I gather my things and put them in my bag.

RING RING RING

"Bye everyone, have a great rest of your day!" Mrs Adams warmly says.

I'm sure everyone has that one teacher we all love. Well for me thats Mrs Adams, that woman deserves the world. I swing my bag behind me, followed by the movement of chairs and i head out.

"Bye Mrs Adams!" I happily wave at her.

She returns with a sweet smile. Ugh this school doesn't deserve her. I rush out the buildings saying goodbye to everyone in the hallways. I suddenly remember the celebration thats going on most likely in a couple of hours. Fortunately my house isn't far from school so i usually walk home. I whip out my phone checking my socials.

150 new notifications

Damn

Most of them being from Instagram or Messages, i scroll to look for one important one from Arya. I come across an unfamiliar group name called,

Exam Celebration 🎉 !!

She really goes all out.

I open the chat and it says, "You're invited to the celebration of ending our exams!! Place: Hibachi Grills, Time: 5:00 pm, looking forward to seeing you all!" Now i'm suddenly intrigued to go now, i could never turn down hibachi. This is probably apart of her plan to keep me interesting in going. The time is 4:22 pm, I pick up my pace and have my keys ready.

Soon I arrive home, i insert my key in the door unlocking it. The smell of homemade banana pudding fills my head. I can feel my mouth watering at the thought of banana pudding and hibachi. Not together though, ew. I walk down the hallway towards the kitchen and I'm greeted by my loving mother.