Dad, please don't hurt her.

'𝑭𝒆𝒂𝒓 𝒊𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒂𝒕𝒉 𝒕𝒐 𝒅𝒂𝒓𝒌 𝒔𝒊𝒅𝒆.'

𝗖𝗿𝘆𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗹 𝗥𝗼𝗱𝗿𝗶𝗴𝘂𝗲𝘇.

"Don't you dare touch me Michael,stay away" i heard someone scream.

It was more like a girlish scream,but who? And why was she screaming at dad?
Slowly i made my way towards the hall following the direction from where the voice was coming.

"Stop Shouting Avery,dammit." I heard my dad yell back.

To be honest,i haven't heard my dad yelled at anyone before. Why now?

As soon as i entered the hall, i saw a woman lying on the floor,she was beautiful. But she was crying, why? Next to her was my dad standing with a frustrated look on his face.

What's going on? Why isn't dad wiping her tears?

"Emily,come here right now" my dad yelled out for our maid. She is a cook to be more specific.

"Yes,sir?" Emily asked rushing towards my dad.

Wow,she is so fast.

"This lady over here,isn't allowed to eat anything. Am i clear?" My dad asked pointing at the woman who was lying on the floor.

Why was dad behaving like this? Don't he like her?

"Yes,sir. Crystal clear" she replied looking down.

Hey,that's my name. You name stealer.

I don't know why but everyone in our mansion or even everyone outside our mansion whoever meets dad always makes sure not to maintain eye contact. They always keep looking at their shoes,is it more interesting than my dad?
I guess so.

Should I go inside?
No Crystal,no! He looks so dangerous.

I haven't seen this side of him ever before.

"This is just the beginning Avery,you really have a lot coming your way. And you will regret ever crossing path with me" my dad threatened and i almost flinched from how cold he sounded.

"I won't ever regret for helping out Amy,escape this shithole. You hear me?" The woman whose name i think is avery yelled out.

Wohoa,she is equally threatening.

"I wish you could say that for long" my dad replied before walking away and emily trailed behind him.

What should i do? Maybe talk to her? But what if she doesn't likes me?
Oh,no. Dad said that everyone is forced to like me,whether they like it or not. How confusing

Without thinking much,i walked towards her. Slowly.

Baby steps.

"Umm Hey,Avery..?" I trailed off

She immediately looked up upon hearing my voice.

"Oh,hey. Why do you look so familiar? And sweetheart what are you doing here?" She asked raising her eyebrows

"Hi,myself Crystal Rodriguez. Nice to meet you Ms.Avery" i replied trying to talk in a professional way